Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Black Screen Help Please

Posted by RgCz 
Wii Black Screen Help Please
July 31, 2009 10:55AM
So, today i was playing mario kart wii and ssbb and as usual turned off my wii. When i tried to turn it on i got a black screen, not even got to the health thing. I have homebrew installed by banner bomb, i also have bootmii, and some apps like rawksd, hb browser, snes emulator. I haven't installed any wads or wad manager, or anything harmful or potentially to brick a wii. When i run the boot mii, i can't enter niether system menu nor the homebrew channel. if i dont pop up sd, i just get black screen, so only thing working is boot mii. I've seen this problem with other guys in other posts, and they seem to be doing stuff like downgrading and stuff, but i ddint do anything. Please help. i tried unpluggin the wii for hours and still no response, i have system menu 4.0 i think... its NTSC and i really don't know why this happened, i bought the wii when it was first released. Please Help me, ill be checking in here to do what you peeps think its the possible solution to this. Thanks.
Re: Wii Black Screen Help Please
July 31, 2009 05:32PM
Check the system info under the menu with the NAND options. Tell us what you see. If you see NAND FS Usage 3.3%, your NAND FS was formatted, and the only way to fix it is to either send it to Nintendo, or try asking bushing to repair it, see the forum topic sticky.
August 01, 2009 07:36AM
It says 3.3% usage, why does this happened? i didnt downgraded, updated or installed wads, it was running perfectly and then when i tried again it failed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 08:14AM by RgCz.
August 02, 2009 04:33PM
That is worth investigating!

Maybe there is a good reason, why BootMii is still a beta.

Any ideas how it may have happenden.
How is the usage (3,3%) calculated?

p.s.: we should stop to auto-blame GBAfail for everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 04:36PM by daniel_c_w.
August 02, 2009 07:03PM
FS Usage is calculated from the used cluster count I think. Check ppcskel nandfs.c for the code. Bootmii, HBC, and DVDX do _not_ write to NAND, only the installer does.(HBC and Bootmii could write to NAND with some apps, but you have to run them manually. Currently Bootmii doesn't even have any released apps capable of writing to NAND FS.) This is difficult to fix yourself without a NAND backup. User dole2 has a format brick, NAND FS 3.3%.(He dumped the SFFS, so we got proof that his NAND FS was formatted.)
August 02, 2009 10:19PM
And why does it turn out to be 3,3 %?
August 02, 2009 10:31PM
yellowstar
(HBC and Bootmii could write to NAND with some apps, but you have to run them manually. Currently Bootmii doesn't even have any released apps capable of writing to NAND FS.)

Actually I'm not sure BootMii could, and I dont think there will be any apps which can write to NAND from BootMii. One of the limitations of MINI on it's WiiBrew page is no NAND FS support. I dont know how BootMii restores NAND dumps then, but that's what it says on WiiBrew.
August 02, 2009 10:56PM
MINI has raw NAND read/write support, that's all you need to backup/restore. ppcskel has NAND FS support, but only for reading. I don't know why FS Usage is 3.3% when NAND FS is formatted...
August 03, 2009 08:56AM
ok guys thanks, im trying to investigate also about this in a spanish site, not having a lot of success because i cant run homebrew, which is weird cuz many people can run hbc, so i dunno, please if you now something please let me now.

I cant do the thing of bushing because i dont have money and i cant send him the nand or w/e he needs to restore because im in mexico.
August 03, 2009 12:01PM
you'd need to be able to get the keys of your wii, which would mean running homebrew, so its not possible. And from what I've read, I think you can't restore a dump if your nand fs usage is 3.3%
August 04, 2009 06:16AM
Couldn't you extract the keys from a BootMii NAND dump?
August 04, 2009 08:17AM
MattMan
Couldn't you extract the keys from a BootMii NAND dump?

I did that, and i think i got the keys...
August 04, 2009 10:49PM
I think bushing should be able to extract the keys for you and encrypt a friend's dump with your keys if you can find the money to pay him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login