Black Screen - Maybe a Low-Level Brick
September 03, 2009 12:57AM
Hey guys

I recently got the HBC when I was in v4.1U and was sucessfully able to downgrade the fw to 3.2U. When I put in ssbb it asked for an update and without knowing the outcome, i updated. The update worked. When a friend came over and wanted to play Mario Power Tennis for wii, the wii asked for an update. Assuming there would be no problem, i updated the wii. When the update was complete, i got a black screen with nothing on it. I pulled the plug on the wii and i restarted only to find that i once again encounter the black screen. The green light is on, and i can hear the disk drive running but nothing pops up. What can i do to fix my wii?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Black Screen - Maybe a Low-Level Brick
September 03, 2009 01:30AM
Do you have bootmii installed? I believe your video mode got changed.
September 03, 2009 02:50AM
unfortunately i dont have bootmii installed
wat do u mean by "video mode got changed"
and if so, how do i fix it
thanks
September 03, 2009 03:26AM
Unfortunately I can't help you, sorry! Hopfully someone else knows how to solve this problem
September 03, 2009 04:33AM
Yeah, Low-Level Brick.

I am with you.

The easiest way to solve is with Betwiin and Infectus 2 (if you dont have bootmii and a copy of NAND).

I am newbie, but i know this. and i am trying to fix my wii.
September 07, 2009 09:14PM
what exactly is Betwiin and Infectus 2?
September 07, 2009 09:26PM
Betwiin is a piece of software by bushing use to convert a NAND dump from one Wii to another.
An Infectus 2 is a modchip, but not one used for backups. It is used to dump/flash NAND. It is a hardware NAND programmer. If you have a NAND dump compatible with your Wii, you can flash it with an Infectus 2.

So you'd have to get a NAND dump from someone with a working Wii, convert it to your Wii with Betwiin, then flash it with an Infectus 2. Note that it is tricky to install an Infectus, as it requires opening your wii and soldering stuff into it. Also, you must have a NAND dump from your wii to be able to convert the working one, but you can take the required dump with the Infectus afaik.
September 08, 2009 12:06AM
To use Betwiin you need the keys for both Wiis. You'd need to dump your NAND with Infectus, install Bootmii manually from a NAND dump with Bootmii boot2, and flash the modified NAND. Then you'd dump NAND, use Betwiin with the keys dumped by BackupMii, and flash the NAND from the other Wii.(If Bootmii settings displays FS Usage 3.3%, your NAND was formatted, so you could just use comex's formatter to format NAND FS and install sysmenu.)
September 08, 2009 02:10AM
im srry, im a noob at this stuff how can i get the "keys" for both Wiis and could u explain to me wat NAND is
so if i follow ur instructions, this will work 100%?
September 08, 2009 07:19PM
Ok :)

The nand is the flash memory inside the console.

You need a working wii with bootmii installed, bootmii will let you backup the nand memory and the console keys.
For extracting the keys from your wii you need to use infectus 2 chip and flash a working backup so you will have bootmii
installed on the console.

Installing infectus 2 is not a simple procedure, you need soldering skills!

If you have a newer wii (LU64+ or LEH200+) there are no way to get bootmii installed...

Anyway try also this, if only the video mode was changed (upgrading from a different region game) try to connect the console to another TV, maybe this can show up something... if this work you can upgrade from a new game like sport resort....
September 09, 2009 02:12AM
is there any other method, other than soldering infectus to the wii?

can savemiifree work in this situation?
September 09, 2009 02:27AM
vola
Anyway try also this, if only the video mode was changed (upgrading from a different region game) try to connect the console to another TV, maybe this can show up something... if this work you can upgrade from a new game like sport resort....

try this
September 11, 2009 12:33AM
that wouldnt work because when i turn on the wii, the remotes wont connect
the remotes only connect to turn on the wii
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login