Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OMG HELP! Wii full bricked i guess?

Posted by muffinmen 
OMG HELP! Wii full bricked i guess?
September 14, 2009 07:49AM
Hey can you guys help me or at least tell me what i should do.

We downgraded my wii from 4.1 to 3.2, Then installed the homebrew channel trew the twilight hack and then inserted a wii disc and pressed update.
The wii frooze and we had to restart it. Now it wont go on! well it starts but there is no picture on the tv. Meaning there is actually no signal.(no video signal is sent)
All the buttons work, Restart power eject and starting the wii by bluetooth. Also if i insert a cd i hear it loading. help me please!
Re: OMG HELP! Wii full bricked i guess?
September 14, 2009 08:45AM
well, I don't know exactly how to help you, but you shouldn't have downgraded, perhaps SaveMiiFrii will help you
September 14, 2009 09:45AM
Yeah i know. i also should have installed boot mii! but im dumb!
The problem is how can i find out if save mii frii worked if i dont have a picture on my tv?
September 14, 2009 09:23PM
The update to 4.1 includes a stub version of IOS 50, the IOS used by system menu 3.4. When you downgraded your system menu, IOS 50 was probably not downgraded. When you updated from the game it installed system menu 3.4, but did not reinstall IOS 50 since you already had a newer version of it. This left your system menu trying to run off of a stub IOS.

I cannot remember if SaveMiiFrii works in this situation (could someone please verify), but in any case 3.4 is the highest update currently available on a game disc. If SaveMiiFrii does work in this situation, you could wait for a newer update to be released on a game and use SaveMiiFrii to install it, but this cannot help you right now.

If you have a mod chip and a cIOS or trucha patched IOS from 4.1, you can burn an auto boot WAD Import disc and use it to install a new system menu and IOSs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 09:25PM by jbc007.
September 14, 2009 10:00PM
SaveMii will not work as it is a feature of the System Menu, and System Menu needs to be able to run to access it, and with a stub System Menu IOS, it cant. SaveMii(Frii) is only useful in semi-bricks (opera warning screen when you open settings) or full bricks (opera warning screen instead of health screen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login