Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think I'm semi-bricked?! [RESOLVED]

Posted by Sleeps 
I think I'm semi-bricked?! [RESOLVED]
September 14, 2009 10:48PM
Alright, so..

I'm on a 4.0U Wii, Homebrew + Bootmii installed.

I was messing with AnyRegion Changer yesterday, seeing as if I was able to change my region, but I'm not sure if the homebrew app was working, seeing as my Wii was still at 4.0U. So since it didn't work, I decided to do a nand restore, just in case.

Well, today I was going to system settings, and I get the error message 'The system files are corrupted', and I guess my Wii is now semi-bricked, right?!

I tried doing a nand restore, but the error still persists... I even tried downgrading my Wii with anyregion changer, but I got a -1 error afterwards.

Will downgrading my Wii make the settings work again and unbrick my semi-bricked wii? I'm going to use Waninkoko's IOS Downgrader soon, seeing as that downgrader worked for me before when I wanted to downgrade my Wii. So I hope that works. If that still doesn't work, then I'll try updating Wii to 4.1U.

Any suggestions why I got semi-bricked in the first place? I'm sure this didn't even happen yesterday when I went to settings... hm..

Thank you for your time. This is my first brick EVER, hopefully I'll be able to solve this problem soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 11:12PM by Sleeps.
Re: I think I'm semi-bricked?!
September 14, 2009 10:52PM
Never downgrade! (unless absolutely necessary) Now... You could try a reinstall of the system menu... Get it with NUSD, pack into a wad, then install it with wadimporter.

Could someone else confirm this as i dont know if a new System Menu will reinstall the settings.

Another option could be to reinstall the settings.txt file (no it isnt the actual settings menu) But i am not sure if it will work either....
September 14, 2009 10:56PM
TopGun96
Never downgrade! (unless absolutely necessary) Now... You could try a reinstall of the system menu... Get it with NUSD, pack into a wad, then install it with wadimporter.

Could someone else confirm this as i dont know if a new System Menu will reinstall the settings.

Another option could be to reinstall the settings.txt file (no it isnt the actual settings menu) But i am not sure if it will work either....

Alright, I have NUSD, and I'll try to reinstall 4.0, and I'll see if it works. Thanks for the fast reply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 10:58PM by Sleeps.
September 14, 2009 11:03PM
no problem but be careful as you can brick your wii if you do something wrong... i would wait for someone to verify...
September 14, 2009 11:10PM
I usually take chances since I can just restore w/ Bootmii.

Anyway, your method worked for me! Installed fresh new 4.0U with NUSD and Wad Manager, went to system settings, and no system errors at all!

Thanks for your help, my Wii is no longer semi-bricked! And yeah, I'm not going to downgrade from 4.0, it's pretty useless to anyway!

Thanks, see yeah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 11:11PM by Sleeps.
September 14, 2009 11:14PM
Glad you got your problem fixed! (that's why I'm here)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login