Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think my wii is banner bricked

Posted by darting 
I think my wii is banner bricked
October 03, 2009 09:15PM
I installed a forwarder wad and accidentally bricked my Wii. I can get to the Health Warning screen but when I press A I get a blank screen, and hear the System Menu chime for a second.
Just yesterday I've updated my HBC to the newest version, Installed BootMii as IOS, and installed DVDX. Today, I've restored the Trucha bug on IOS 36. I also have the D2Pro chip.

BTW I have system menu version n. 4.1. Oh, and when I load an original game using the savemiifrii trick, it just clears the screen and displays nothing.
Re: I think my wii is banner bricked
October 03, 2009 10:06PM
What happens when your Wii boots up?
1.) Normal Boot
The health warning appears, and if I hit the A button, the screen blacks out, and I can hear the system menu chime, but after that there isn't any background music at all! If I try to insert a game, an error message appears: "An error has occurred."

2.) Rescue Mode Boot (via Gamecube Controller SaveMiiFrii method)
My original games don't boot (they just black out the screen while the discs continue spinning), and rescue discs don't load either (I tried everything - UUD 2, 3, LCUD 2 and Wad Manager. I also tried setting the IOS to 36, no luck).

What Version of the System Menu is installed on the Wii?

Is the Homebrew Channel or the Twilight Hack installed on the system?
Both.

Does your Wii have a Drivechip?
D2Pro.

Have you been able to boot homebrew in any way?
No

Other Info
I bought my Wii exactly a year ago.
October 04, 2009 12:29AM
If you have Bootmii, you can boot into the Homebrew Channel and uninstall that WAD you mentioned. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit: Oops, I just read that you had installed Bootmii as IOS. You should have installed it as boot2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 12:30AM by gameboy13.
October 04, 2009 02:30AM
do you have preloader?
if you do there is an app that loads bootmii ios from preloader without going to the hbc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 02:31AM by darklink.
October 04, 2009 06:37AM
I don't have a preloader. But, I don't understand! If I fixed the trucha bug on IOS 36, I should be able to load burnt discs from there, but I can't! And also, why can't I load original games using the savemiifrii method?
October 04, 2009 07:39AM
because to load a disc via savemii or savemiifrii they need to be patched to autoboot, and from there, the only way to load them is via a modchip. Sorry buddy, you're kinda F'd on this one. No offense, but if you could only install bootmii as IOS, you should've also installed Preloader. That's just one of those things most people don't realize, not your fault (well... the brick is), but if you manage to unbrick it (by some miracle), do yourself a favor and give yourself better brick protection
October 04, 2009 01:07PM
cactusjack901
because to load a disc via savemii or savemiifrii they need to be patched to autoboot, and from there, the only way to load them is via a modchip. Sorry buddy, you're kinda F'd on this one. No offense, but if you could only install bootmii as IOS, you should've also installed Preloader. That's just one of those things most people don't realize, not your fault (well... the brick is), but if you manage to unbrick it (by some miracle), do yourself a favor and give yourself better brick protection

and dont install illegal WADs.
October 04, 2009 10:23PM
SifJar
cactusjack901

and dont install illegal WADs.

Well yeah, that would, in theory, help.
October 04, 2009 11:02PM
You could burn an autoboot brawl disc, run smash stack, and have it load anytitle deleter. Then delete the WAD.
October 04, 2009 11:59PM
Don't be that harsh, I just tried to forward MPlayer into a WAD! jbc, I'll try your advice.
October 05, 2009 12:24AM
Do you guys think the DriveKey modchip could help? It allows autobooting without any firmware hacks.
October 05, 2009 12:31AM
I don't think that you need a different chip. You just need to use the auto boot tool (can't remember what it's called) to make the disc auto boot.
October 05, 2009 12:34AM
I tried, but for some reason, even the IOS that I patched (just yesterday! minutes before the wii bricked) can't load trucha signed discs.
I used this guide to patch the IOS:
[code.google.com]
October 06, 2009 08:40PM
I think the new recovery discs (LCUDv3 and UUDv4) might be able to help me, because they are able to boot even without the diag disc check removed! I'll update when I get the chance.
October 16, 2009 03:18PM
Well, the new rescue discs don't work, all they do is spin for a while and then stop. What should I do?
October 17, 2009 12:16AM
Well, I tried autobooting a game and it worked! Now I'm trying to re-burn SSB with autoboot, I hope that smashstack will save my wii. It's weird that only games work. I tried to change the IOS of a game from 55 to 254, but it didn't activate BootMii like I expected, instead, the disc didn't spin.
Edit: When I try to change the IOS of burnt recovery CDs to 55, they don't work.
Edit2: I tried opening ISOs with WiiScrubber and replacing their main.dol with applications, but it doesn't work! Am I doing it wrong? Is it even possible?
Edit3: I tried changing the IOS of ISOs that I created with AnyTitle Deleter to 36 (its trucha enabled. I used the tutorial that I linked at the top of the thread), but it still doesn't work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 03:47PM by darting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login