Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Signs of a brick?

Posted by Molzo 
Signs of a brick?
October 24, 2009 08:31PM
Today, when i tried to play a Gamecube game, the screen turned black and a message said "The Wiis memory is damaged' It appeared every time i tried to load the game from the Disc Channel. Then i tried to play Metroid Prime Trilogy. I went to the main menu and then turned my Wii off. Then i tried my Gamecube game again and it worked and the message didnt appear and everything seems fine. But im still worried. Should i send my Wii to Nintendo? Should i restore a NAND backup? Or should i ignore the message? Any info would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 08:34PM by Molzo.
Re: Signs of a brick?
October 24, 2009 08:35PM
Maybe it means you're running out of memory space? Go to data management, and see how many more blocks are free.

Edit: I don't think its something you should be too worried about.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 08:36PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 25, 2009 01:09PM
Thanks for the info. I thougt i killed my Gamecube support or something, but if you say i should not be worried, my Wii will be alright. Thanks again, Waxy!
October 27, 2009 01:01AM
^^
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't need to be worried.

Did you check your data management?
October 27, 2009 10:02PM
It seems i have 300 blocks left on the internal memory, and i have a 1GB SD card with 4600 blocks left. Thats probably 500 MB, i guess... Should i move some files to SD? I don't know if 300 blocks internal mem is enough, especially if i'm gonna download that free NES game.
October 31, 2009 10:56AM
I just encountered another issue. When I tried to turn on the Wii, nothing happened. I used the power button and wiimote, but the power button light stayed yellow. I held the power button so it turned red. I tried to turn on the Wii again and everything works fine now.

What happened? How do I prevent this? I couldn't even get to BootMii/boot2 and I don't want to brick my Wii!
October 31, 2009 05:59PM
Was your SD card inserted?

If it wasn't, then it wouldn't have booted to boot2.
November 01, 2009 02:13AM
I had that issue myself a few days ago. I kept pressing the on button on the wii and it stayed yellow. I then unplugged it and everything worked fine... Weird
November 01, 2009 03:01AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Was your SD card inserted?
Yes, it was. I tried everything to turn on the Wii, but nothing happened until I held the power button for 5 seconds. And right before the power button turned red, I heard a crackling sound, the sound you hear when your Wii crashes and you hold the power button to turn it off. It makes me wonder if my Wii was still on, although the power button light was yellow and I had a 'no imput' screen...
November 01, 2009 03:11AM
What do you mean a crackling sound? Like from the disc drive?
November 01, 2009 03:16AM
Crackling noise? That doesn't sound good at all....Did it come from the wii or your TV speakers?
November 01, 2009 11:39AM
The sound came from the TV speakers. It's a very short sound, I hear it right before my power button turns red after a crash. I thought it was supposed to make that sound after crashes. Maybe its just my TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 02:34PM by Molzo.
November 01, 2009 11:13PM
Sorry for all the questions but what do you mean "when it crashes"? Like an DSI exception or just a random time when it will turn of? I'm just a little confused about your problem...
November 02, 2009 12:40AM
^^^
Yes, I would also like to know.

At least its not you're wii thats making odd noises. Thats a good sign. :P
November 02, 2009 11:55AM
With crash I mean exception DSI or when your screen stays black after loading a homebrew app. But I don't always hear that sound. It appears to happen randomly. Is this a bad sign? Or is it just my crappy TV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2009 11:56AM by Molzo.
November 04, 2009 03:17AM
Well you could try a different tv if it matters that much. Maybe it is something that your tv does when it senses a crash. (I have no idea)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login