used betwiin to dump nand to unbrick wii few questions
November 12, 2009 10:11PM
PLEASE CLOSE, WII RETURNED TO FRIEND

Ok thanks for Betwiin first of all.
i manage to get a dump of my wii's nand which is 3.2e
i use hex editor to change keys.
i try to reinstall using bootmii and get
warning boot1 mismatch, not wrighting SRY i have fail : -1

so i use hexeditor and take the start of the corrupt nand 4.2e and paste that onto the fresh nand with swapped keys.

bootmii restores the nand but the first few blocks are unproccessed (about 8)
when i reboot the wii nothing happens black screen.

Now what is strange is that the corrupt nand (the one im trying to replace) hardly writes to any blocks about 50 out of all the bootmii blocks, but will load homebrew channel via bootmii, but no apps will show up in homebrew, its not a faulty card, ive also tried loading apps via usb, still nothing in homebrew.

but when i install the new nand compiled using betwiin i get no homebrew channel from bootmii.

any ideas. ive also tried loading things via that c thing you dont like and it just hangs!!

the wii had a special key in it at time of error (since removed)

weird as weird can be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 02:00PM by jamieupanddown.
Re: used betwiin to dump nand to unbrick wii few questions
November 12, 2009 10:14PM
You need to use a dump from a Wii that has the same boot1 version as the Wii you are trying to restore. There is no way around this unfortunately.
November 12, 2009 10:24PM
Arikado
You need to use a dump from a Wii that has the same boot1 version as the Wii you are trying to restore. There is no way around this unfortunately.

i checked the boot versions and they are the same
boot 1b boot2v4 on both wii's
November 12, 2009 10:49PM
Well, BootMii says they're not, so...
November 12, 2009 11:07PM
ok yes, i see what you mean. so is it possible that i had a diffeent version of bootmii installed when i backed up my donar nand, its been sitting around for a while. im trying with a fresh backup. thanks again
November 12, 2009 11:15PM
This is a betwiin bug, I had the same problem. Just copy the first 1081344 bytes from the good backup over the generated backup then try to restore.
November 12, 2009 11:26PM
vola
This is a betwiin bug, I had the same problem. Just copy the first 1081344 bytes from the good backup over the generated backup then try to restore.
im new to hex editor. how do i get the first 1081344 bytes. (im sorry for being dumb)
i just copied the keys.bin file and pasted it to the new flash.bin then renamed to nand.bin

also the origonal nand doesnt write to any blocks on the first line in bootmii,
wont this cause a problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 11:35PM by jamieupanddown.
November 13, 2009 01:28AM
Arikado
Well, BootMii says they're not, so...

vola may disagree. bye bye goto to fly, i like eating chicken pie. love you mr happy
November 13, 2009 11:46AM
vola

i can swap the beggining of the nand using the origonal nand (but as said the first8/10 blocks are unprocessed)

i have even swapped the beggining of the nand with other nand backups from diffent machines, they all write via bootmii but the first few 8/10 blocks are unprocessed.

i am thinking that ninty have put something there?

when i used the swapped nand (betwiin) to restore the wii! i load homebrew via bootmii and get the hackmii installer black screen then i press 1 after the scam warning and the screen goes straight to the homebrew channel v1.0.6, but again no apps will show (via sd card or usb stick) and that thingy that boots hangs upon Ios successfully loaded.

what is strange is that there is a way to unbrick wii's, using a method that i know this site does not endorse so i will not mention the program. works on my other wii fine.
SO what has caused homebrew channel to load but no apps will load.

sorry for being pompus at times i will eat humble pie (not chicken)
i do need your help very much,
p.s i am fixing this wii for a friend (for free)/ i have spent 10 hours doing it and am real curious as to what is causing the problem.

arikido. thank you
November 14, 2009 06:45PM
jamieupanddown
ok yes, i see what you mean. so is it possible that i had a diffeent version of bootmii installed when i backed up my donar nand, its been sitting around for a while. im trying with a fresh backup. thanks again

Just wondering if anyone could send me a link to comex's formatter without any modifications. please.

i may be able to load this from bootmii as nothing else will. or if it wont work then please explain why.
November 19, 2009 12:44AM
Closed - author request.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.