Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner Brick?

Posted by Rheotron 
Banner Brick?
November 13, 2009 10:38AM
Hey Everyone,

My Wii seems to be Banner Bricked, It gets to health and safety screen, press a then system files corrupt error. Here's what I've got:

Modchip - Wiikey V2
Bootmii Installed
Back up of NAND after the wii was bricked
HBC installed

Is there anything that I can do to fix this?
Re: Banner Brick?
November 13, 2009 12:55PM
Have BootMii boot into the HBC. Once in the HBC use a program to uninstall the channel you installed that bricked you.
November 13, 2009 01:10PM
Problem is, I don't know what the offending title is.

I've had some developments since my first post. I've managed to get the Wii to boot. And it boots into the system menu but it's very erratic. It boots sometimes, like I have to turn it on and off multiple times before it actually boots. The times that it doesn't boot, it still displays the "System Files Corrupt" message.

By this I mean if I try and open channels, it will say "Wii System Files Corrupt". I can enter a game but if I exit using the home button, the Wii just doesn't reboot, I have to turn the Wii off and on manually. Also, the wii seems to only want to boot into the system menu if I have a disc in the drive.

Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2009 01:41PM by Rheotron.
November 13, 2009 03:18PM
Rheotron

I've had some developments since my first post. I've managed to get the Wii to boot. And it boots into the system menu but it's very erratic. It boots sometimes, like I have to turn it on and off multiple times before it actually boots. The times that it doesn't boot, it still displays the "System Files Corrupt" message.

By this I mean if I try and open channels, it will say "Wii System Files Corrupt". I can enter a game but if I exit using the home button, the Wii just doesn't reboot, I have to turn the Wii off and on manually. Also, the wii seems to only want to boot into the system menu if I have a disc in the drive.

Any ideas?

what firmware are you on? and have you just updated if so via disc or internet? or have you been messing with files,
there will be a fix as long as you can run programs via homebrew.
a lot of chips are causing bricks updating.

also is the disc that you have in the wii, for the wii to boot a particular one or any game?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2009 03:22PM by jamieupanddown.
November 13, 2009 04:58PM
Rheotron
What was the last thing you installed before realizing you were bricked?
November 13, 2009 09:57PM
I'm on firmware 4.1E but I can change that, I've got downgrader working, so I can downgrade to any other firmware. Also, I didn't upgrade or downgrade at all when the brick occurred.

Do you reckon if maybe I took my Wiikey out that might fix it? It's on a clip so I don't know if I would be able to put it back on.

It doesn't seem to ONLY boot with the disc in, but it SEEMS to be a higher chance of successfully booting.

The last thing I installed was a USBLoader, but that ran fine, it was when I ran twilight princess from it, I realised something was up. Though, I've done updates and reformats and everything but the problem still remains.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 01:23AM by Rheotron.
November 14, 2009 04:39AM
I have some other things now.

I've got AnyTitleDeleter and when I run that I get an error that says 'Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1026)'

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I've tried deleting all sorts of different titles to fix the problem and still nothing. Is there any way to check for the titles that may be causing the brick?

Thanks
November 15, 2009 03:02AM
You need ES_DIVerify to get AnyTitleDeleter to boot. If you don't know how to patch ES_Identify, check out a post called ES_DIVerify help ;)
November 15, 2009 05:21AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back.
November 15, 2009 05:35AM
I patched IOS 36 with ES_identify and I'm still getting the same error.

I mean, I can run AnyTitle Deleter it just gets that error and says that it can't find the region for the system menu. I get the same error in Anyregionchanger as well as a area/sysmenu mismatch. I don't know if this could be the cause.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 05:37AM by Rheotron.
November 15, 2009 07:23AM
I believe AnyTitle Deleter will work without knowing the System Menu region. So try deleting whatever it is you need to delete (I don't feel like reading..) anyways

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 07:24AM by bg4545.
November 15, 2009 09:30AM
Thanks guys, I've managed to get it to work. It'll boot pretty much every time now.

I used this awesome tool warez fail which scanned for IOS's that I didn't have and updated my IOS's. So, I can boot properly now.

I only have 1 issue. I cannot access any of the channels. Whenever I do, a screen pops up saying "Cannot access the Mii channel, files are corrupt". And for the weather channel and news channel, the screen just goes blank. Any recommendations as to what I should do to fix this problem?

Also, whenever I press the home button in game and then try and go back to the Wii Menu, it says system files corrupt. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm thinking the only fix may be to upgrade to 4.2 but everyone is warning against it and I'm worried about getting bricked...again. I wouldn't be so worried but apparently it disables bootmii.

Anyways, thanks again for all your help.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 05:48PM by Arikado.
November 15, 2009 05:40PM
Rheotron
The last thing I installed was a USBLoader, but that ran fine, it was when I ran twilight princess from it, I realised something was up. Though, I've done updates and reformats and everything but the problem still remains.

Step 1: Uninstall USBLoader including the CIOS you installed to get it working.

Step 2: After telling me you uninstalled the usbloader, never mention it on this forum again, it's against the rules. :)

Updating is worth a shot, but you must remove what I said first, and anything else related to that "backups" crap too.

Then Make a backup of your nand with bootmii and put a copy of it on your computer. Then make a backup of the one you just put on your computer.

After that, try updating. Hoping the update goes successfully, run the hackmii installer 0.6 from bannerbomb for System Menu 4.2(download here) and reinstall the homebrew channel and bootmii as boot2.

If the problem still continues, let us know, hopefully we'll be able to help you fix it.

**NOTE as I said You MUST Remove the backup loader stuff from your Wii FIRST, as it may cause a brick depending on what exactly you have on there when you update. Also wait for someone elses input after mine, I may have missed something important(hopefully not), let someone check up on what I said first to make sure I didn't miss anything.
November 15, 2009 08:40PM
Alright, I'll give that a go. I have a question. Does reinstalling your system menu/reformatting reinstall/remove any IOS' or CIOS'?

Also is there a list of the necessary IOS' anywhere?

Also, it seems that whenever I boot the wii. The 'System Files Corrupt' message shows up. I reboot again, shows up. I reboot a third time and the wii works a charm. Why? lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 09:02AM by Rheotron.
November 17, 2009 04:55AM
Hey guys, I've had some more improvements, but my wii's still not 100%.

Whenever I try and run a channel, any channel, except for the disc channel and the homebrew channel, from the system menu. I just get a black screen and the wii remotes loose all the lights on them. I have the reboot to fix this problem.

Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login