Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blank screen upon boot after I messed with IOS60(low level or full brick?)

Posted by Suryoyo 
Blank screen upon boot after I messed with IOS60(low level or full brick?)
November 19, 2009 07:08PM
Warez fail

When I start my Wii the TV-screen is blank! It DOES react but only a splitsecond. There isn't anything wrong with my cables/TV becuase I've tested others. I don't see anything at all! no video/audio output lite the wii doesn't even exist. I also noticed that I can turn on my wii with my wiimote but it does not connect to the wii(can't even turn it off).

I beleve that it's a low level or a full brick and I had no luck with savemiifrii(which made me break one of my GC controllers).

Quick facts:
I've owned my Wii since it was avalable in the store(Warrinty is voided)
System menu 4.1E
Wii-Key(old one not 2)
cIOS modified
Preloader 0.29
Latest HBC
Twillight Hack

What should I do? i don't have an NAND programmer and haven't backed up my NAND. Can't access Preloader. I can't send it to Nintendo becuase of my Wii-Key. Will Savemii help me in this case, should i try something with autoboot or should I send it to some store that repair bricked/broken Wii with voided warrinty?

Thanks in Advance!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 09:52PM by Arikado.
Re: Blank screen upon boot after I messed with IOS60(low level or full brick?)
November 19, 2009 07:34PM
You must have installed a stubbed IOS60, i.e. You are screwed. Full brick, savemii wont work, your only options are NAND programmer or Ninty. Sorry.
November 19, 2009 07:51PM
Could you name some NAND programmers? so I at least know what I should look for.. (btw aren't Infectus a NAND programmer?)

I have already soldered wii-key onto the motherboard, should I try to remove it before i send it or should I immadietly send it to a store becuase of the vioded warrinty?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 07:58PM by Suryoyo.
November 19, 2009 07:56PM
if you remove it and send it in, they may let it slide, if you send it with it still on, they'll charge you loads extra.
November 21, 2009 10:45PM
When you are on 4.0, and ios60 is a stub, is there no way to boot a rescue disc? even with a mod-chipped drive? Is a working systemmenu always necesary for that?
November 21, 2009 11:48PM
yes you need a working system menu (i.e. it can boot. it can be useful if for example you error on startup)
November 22, 2009 07:53AM
Do you have bootmii installed such that you can boot HBC?
November 22, 2009 10:35AM
No it has not bootmii as boot2 available.
So Nintendo created a "MUST BRICK" with the IOS 60 stub. good idea, to make the people fear using homebrew on Wii.
November 22, 2009 01:56PM
Nope I haven't Bootmii installed nor have I backed up the NAND =(
November 22, 2009 02:31PM
bomigoton
No it has not bootmii as boot2 available.
So Nintendo created a "MUST BRICK" with the IOS 60 stub. good idea, to make the people fear using homebrew on Wii.

No. They just wanted to save space by removing an old IOS, and they dont want to just delete it, so they overwrite it with a small placeholder. The IOS is no longer needed, so they have no reason not to stub it. The IOS was only used for that System Menu, for new System Menus they need new System Menu IOS. Therefore they get rid of the old one. It was not done specifically to target homebrew users (well, I guess it could have been, I dont work at nintendo, but I doubt it), it was done to save space on NAND.
November 22, 2009 07:48PM
Saving space makes sense. OK then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login