Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked Wii caused by IOS61 installation

Posted by adriande2 
Bricked Wii caused by IOS61 installation
November 24, 2009 08:18AM
Ok, so I have almost the same situation as this: [forum.wiibrew.org].
Except I only have BootMii as an IOS, and an unofficial build of preloader(http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader). I have no way of booting priiloader and the SaveMiiFrii method doesn't seem to work. I've tried SaveMiiFrii once before when my Wii was working to see if it works, so It's not an issue with a 3rd party controller. And before it happened the Homebrew Channel was upside down.
I don't get an Opera error screen, but a black image is sent to my screen.
How can I fix this(If possible)?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 09:00AM by adriande2.
Re: Bricked Wii caused by IOS61 installation
November 24, 2009 09:16AM
My problem was caused by updating IOS60 (while also updating IOS61). Updating IOS61 AFAIK should only affect the shopping channel.

HBC being upside down is an artifact of (probably) having IOS36 fakesigned/patched.

From what I could tell that was pretty much a full brick which I could only solve by having bootmii/boot2. :(

Are you sure you didn't touch IOS60 / IOS70 (depending on sysmenu version)?
November 24, 2009 02:43PM
An IOS 61 installation can not brick your wii. It is not a stub and the only thing that uses it is the shop channel. You must have touched your System Menu IOS.

The upside down HBC is from having a patched IOS that the HBC was installed on and runs off of. There is no specific number. (for instance, mine uses IOS 61 while anothers might use IOS 30)
November 24, 2009 05:02PM
if you have your keys of your wii then i would love to take over that wii. however, you apparently installed a stub system menu ios
enjoy your brick. go build a house with it or something
November 24, 2009 10:56PM
But will SaveMii work?
From what I can tell, it's a low-level brick.
And, if so, how do you make a homebrew autoboot disk?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 10:59PM by adriande2.
November 24, 2009 11:19PM
Does your wii have a vulnerable boot1 such that you could install bootmii/boot2?

If so you could use a NAND programmer to write bootmii to boot2 and go from there...

(I'm personally not sure if that process would require access to the keys or not, I'll defer to someone else.)
November 25, 2009 07:13PM
no SaveMii will not work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login