Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have a drivekey: how do I use it to unbrick low level brick?

Posted by GeneralStarshade 
I have a drivekey: how do I use it to unbrick low level brick?
November 26, 2009 05:46AM
I have a drivekey, and a low level bricked wii. For what the bricked wii looks like, here it is: [www.youtube.com]

I did not yet install the drivekey, but I would know how to once i get the chance. But first, once it is installed, what do I do to unbrick my wii? Thanks.
Re: I have a drivekey: how do I use it to unbrick low level brick?
November 27, 2009 04:17AM
Can you access the Savemii menu? If you can, use your drivekey to autoboot a US copy of brawl, use Smash Stack to run the Hackmii Installer, install Bootmii and restore your backup. This will fix your wii.
November 28, 2009 01:06AM
Well, I'm not sure about the savemii menu, but I do know that I have a working gamecube controller... I heard that you can take the controller apart, plug it into port 4, and hold are 4 directional pads at once while booting the wii, and the savemii menu will come up. I am sure about every thing; I have smash stack, i prepped my sd card, but im not sure if the trick would work to get savemii on the wii.
November 28, 2009 04:39AM
You should not have to use Savemiifrii (the gamecube controller thing that you mentioned); however, in the unlikely event that this cannot work, you will not be able to fix your wii without a hardware NAND programmer. You need to configure your chip to autoboot a game (I can't help you with that). Once you do that, insert Brawl, and turn on your wii. The game should boot and you can run Smash Stack and install Bootmii.
November 28, 2009 07:34AM
what the heck.... i thought drivekey is designed to autoboot games like that.. Any sites you can recommend for configuring the chip?
November 29, 2009 05:02AM
Normally the chip is configured through the disc channel. Since your wii is bricked, you may need to use another wii to configure it. There may be another way to do it, but I'm not sure. This is not a mod chip support forum, so I recommend that you do some googling to find information about your chip.

There is a tool that can patch a game disc itself to autoboot when you start the savemii menu. However, I have heard that you can't run Smash Stack from an autoboot brawl disc. Maybe someone else can explain for sure whether there is a way to do this. After all, this did work with Twilight Princess and the Twilight Hack, although that is useless to you because you do not have the hacked save file on your wii.
November 30, 2009 04:54AM
I see, so Stack smash would not work for my situation then... So just a drive key aint gonna cut it then?
December 01, 2009 12:53AM
If there is any way that you can configure the chip to autoboot the game, you can fix it. You should be able to configure it in another wii and then move it to yours, as long the settings are not stored in volatile memory. Again, I don't know that much about mod chips and I doubt that you will get much help with your chip from anyone else here. I am sure that you can find somewhere else to get all the information that you want about how to use the chip.
December 02, 2009 06:01AM
Wait! So the drivekey itself would not autoboot the game unless i configure it? Could you recommend a site that would specialize in such modchips? Your help is much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login