Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

restoring from NAND backup: BootMii not found?

Posted by wiiplayer 
restoring from NAND backup: BootMii not found?
November 30, 2009 09:05AM
Hi, I need to restore my Wii using a NAND backup created with BootMii.

I have BootMii installed as IOS. System Menu 4.2U. Priiloader is also installed, but cannot access the System Menu anymore (hence why I am restoring)

I am given the following message:

"BootMii not found! Too dangerous to continue! If your SD is corrupted or restore is interrupted, you will be unable to boot to fix it."

It tells me to press A+B+X+Y to continue, but I do not have a game cube controller to do so (i use power/reset for navigating the bootmii menu).. so what shall I do?

Thanks in advance.
Re: restoring from NAND backup: BootMii not found?
November 30, 2009 10:58AM
The problem is that you have it installed as IOS, restoring these backups is EXTREMELY dangerous, so they usually only allow you to restore backups when Bootmii is installed as boot2. You need a gamecube controller to press A+B+X+Y to restore your backup if you have Bootmii installed as IOS, otherwise, no dice.
November 30, 2009 07:10PM
Since you have Priiloader, you can repair it without Bootmii, which is much safer in this case. How did your wii get bricked? That will help us determine how to fix it.
December 14, 2009 12:31AM
if my internet searching for my wii broke could restoring my nand from when it was working fix that?
December 14, 2009 06:52AM
deathhall
if my internet searching for my wii broke could restoring my nand from when it was working fix that?

Depends on what happened. Also, it would be nice if you kept your problem to your topic... and your topic on this problem to just one topic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login