Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help my sort-of bricked Wii

Posted by Fetts 
Help my sort-of bricked Wii
December 04, 2009 04:33AM
Hey Guys,
I just have a question. Long story short, a year and a half ago (or whenever) I upgraded from 3.2E to 4.0E, installed preloader, then brick, downgraded to 2.0E, then to 3.0E and finally where I am now, 3.2E. I have 3.3, and 4.0 update files I want to remove, but is this safe? If not, my other method is to use Any Region Changer install 3.2 from another region then back to 3.2E, but would this put me in more trouble, or worse, a brick? Why do I want to do all of this, you ask? Because I want my free 500 Wii points from Wii Shop because I bought Internet Channel, and it won't let me update my Wii saying "There is no updates available for your Wii, so the is no reason to update" or something like that.
Thanks, Fetts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 04:40AM by Fetts.
Re: Help my sort-of bricked Wii
December 04, 2009 03:16PM
I don't understand what, if anything, is wrong with your wii. However, if your wii works fine, you can update just the shop channel with Dop-IOS Mod.

Since you have system menu 3.2 and you downgraded from 4.0, you have a stub IOS 50. This means that if you ever update from one of the many games that has system menu 3.4, your wii will brick. To fix this, use AnyTitle Deleter to delete IOS 50.
December 05, 2009 12:00PM
If I delete IOS50, will my Wii brick? Also, after I delete IOS50, can I update my Wii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 12:01PM by Fetts.
December 05, 2009 02:12PM
No deleting IOS50 wont brick your wii. And if you do a wifi update, you dont need to delete IOS50 first. A wifi update is perfectly safe and afterwards you can use Shop Channel no problem. It will also fix your IOS, which by this stage are probably very messed up. Just dont update from a disc. Just update HBC to the latest version first, then do a wifi update. as long as you dont lose power, you should be fine.
December 05, 2009 10:31PM
But like I said in my first post, it won't let me update via Wi-Fi, because it says I have the latest system menu
December 05, 2009 10:39PM
Do you want to update to 4.2, or just update the shop channel? In either case, update the shop channel with Dop-IOS Mod. If you want to update the whole system, also update all of the IOSs and install system menu 4.2.

If you update your system menu to 4.0 or higher, there is no reason to delete the stub IOS 50.
December 05, 2009 10:49PM
I already did delete ios50
December 05, 2009 11:01PM
I am in Dop IOS MOD v9, what IOS do I use to install other IOSs?
December 05, 2009 11:03PM
Fetts
I am in Dop IOS MOD v9, what IOS do I use to install other IOSs?
I don't think it matters....Just use 36 or 61, I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login