Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think it's a banner brick.

Posted by ilivas 
I think it's a banner brick.
December 06, 2009 01:23PM
I did a bunch of searching, and since I'm new to this whole thing, it's hard for me to understand what's going on.

I successfully installed homebrew. I patched IOS36 successfully using Trucha bug restorer. I went on to install preloader v0.29. It installed, and after that I tried to go back to the system menu, and I get the "system files are corrupted" message, but the test is all jumbled and hard to read. I didn't even get the "health, and safety warning" at all. I turned it off, and then back on, and it loads preloader. From preloader, I cannot go to the system menu, or go to the launch homebrew option. I can use the load file option where it goes to the install homebrew, and boot mii files. I can then install them, and launch home brew. I can also install boot mii, and use the boot mii menu. I don't have a game cube controller yet, so I never backed up the nand files using this. However, that's all I can do. Preloader, homebrew, and boot mii.

I'm not sure what to do now. Thanks, in advance for your help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 01:26PM by ilivas.
Re: I think it's a banner brick.
December 06, 2009 01:38PM
Your preloader settings are incorrect. You need to set the System Menu IOS to an IOS with ES_Identify. If you applied all patches to IOS36 in TBR, then you have ES_Identify in IOS36. Go to the Settings option of preloader and change the System Menu IOS to IOS36. If you did not apply this patch to IOS36, you probably have no IOS with ES_Identify. In this case, launch HBC and install priiloader, which is an unoffiicial mod of preloader, started after official development stopped, which does not need ES_Identify to load System Menu. Once priiloader is installed, System Menu should load OK.

If you do the first method (setting System Menu IOS to IOS36), and it works, I'd still advise upgrading to priiloader, as it has a few more features.

EDIT: And you dont need a GC controller to navigate BootMii and backup your NAND. You can use the power and reset buttons to scroll and select in the BootMii menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 01:39PM by SifJar.
December 06, 2009 01:53PM
It worked. Thank you so much sif jar. I was stressing quite a bit over this. I am now at ease.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2009 01:53PM by ilivas.
December 06, 2009 11:20PM
Glad you got the issue fixed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login