Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GC autoboot disk

Posted by maaz55 
GC autoboot disk
December 09, 2009 01:06PM
how do i make a recovery boot disk for savemefrii plz thanks. any tut would be nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 11:29PM by maaz55.
Re: GC autoboot disk
February 09, 2010 05:02PM
That won't help you. I have learned a few things about this sort of issue in the past few months, and it seems that reinstalling the system menu alone doesn't fix this sort of issue, as you have seen. You will need to use Comex's NAND Formatter, which you can run from Bootmii. This will delete everything on your wii, but there isn't a better option.

Here is Comex's NAND formatter, and the readme.

Edit: I replied to the wrong topic, sorry. It still applies to your situation, though.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 05:11PM by jbc007.
February 10, 2010 07:42AM
hi,

no worries, i cant boot to bootmii, but i can boot to cboot2_wadmanager_1.5, i dont know how a lot abt wii but can u tell me how i can boot to bootmii thanks,( i deleted the sd card) so there is nothing in there exept for cboot2_wadmanager_1.5.

thanks
February 10, 2010 07:31PM
Delete the Bootmii folder on your SD card and replace it with the original one created by the Hackmii Installer. If you don't have the original Bootmii files, perhaps someone can give them to you.
February 11, 2010 06:50AM
Bootmii
i downloaded that bootmii folder and put it in the root of my sd card then i turn my wii on but nothing shows up.
is there a HBC boot.dol like wad manager, i ran anytitle deleter of cboot2 and it froze on saying your sys menu and SYSCONF differ .(semi brick)
sysmen 2 sysconf -24580, is there any app that allows u to change the sysconf.
thanks

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 01:17PM by maaz55.
February 11, 2010 03:59PM
Those Bootmii files may be an old version, but that I don't think that matters. Open the bootmii.ini file and make sure that the video mode is supported by your wii. Change it if necessary. If that doesn't work, you can try running the latest Hackmii Installer and select prepare SD card in the Bootmii section. This will create the latest version of the necessary files.

AnyRegion Changer can change the area settings that AnyTitle Deleter is refering to, and using it won't cause further issues. But it probably won't help either. You really need to get Bootmii running so that you can use the NAND formatter.
February 12, 2010 08:33AM
hi i tried everything, the bootmii.ini had VIDEO=PROGRESSIVEAUTOBOOT=SYSMENUBOOTDELAY=10 and i changed it to VIDEO=PAL50=SYSMENUBOOTDELAY=10, THEN VIDEO=PAL50AUTOBOOT=HBCDELAY=10
still not working, and how do i run the latest Hackmii Installer to prepare the card, thanks. is there any other app that opens .elf file to run the formatter, plz. thanks

can u plz tell me wat time u normaly post, i am in australia, and thanks for helping me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 08:43PM by maaz55.
February 12, 2010 09:00PM
Here are the latest Bootmii files. Delete everything from the bootmii folder on the root of your SD card and put these files in it. If your TV does not support NTSC video, you must change the video mode in the bootmii.ini file to something supported by your TV. This should load Bootmii when you turn on the wii with the SD card in it.

I post whenever I feel like it, not at any particular time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 09:01PM by jbc007.
February 13, 2010 10:12AM
thanks man and all of that help espacially jbc007 thanks i finally unbricked my wii.
the comex worked very fast
thanks again

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 12:05PM by maaz55.
February 13, 2010 04:48PM
Glad you got it fixed.
February 14, 2010 03:43AM
thanks to u, but i cant access wii setting, and non of my channels were working so i deleted them through data mangement. any idea y. i think i might have to reinstall or downgrade.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 04:21AM by maaz55.
February 14, 2010 06:08AM
The issue with the settings is caused by the console area setting and the system menu region being different. To fix this, install the oldest version of IOS 35. You can download an IOS 35 WAD with NUS Downloader. After installing IOS 35, use AnyRegion Changer to change the console area setting to NTSC-U. Then your settings will work.

Set up an internet connection on your wii and run AnyRegion Changer again (if you don't have internet access for your wii, let us know. There is a way to do this off line, but it is more complicated). Set all of the area settings in AnyRegion Changer to whatever you want. Make sure that the video mode you choose is supported by your TV. Then select install system menu 3.2. Make sure that the system menu you install is the same region as your console area setting, or you will get a semi-brick (error when accessing system settings) again.

Finally, use Dop-IOS Mod or a WAD installer to install IOSes 60 and 61 (be sure to install IOS 60 version 6174, not the latest version since it is a stub. If you install the latest version of IOS 60 and then update with a newer game such as NSMB, your wii will be fully bricked and Bootmii will be removed. Dop-IOS Mod can't install stub IOSes, so it will only allow you to install v6174). Then reinstall the Homebrew Channel.

After doing all of this, everything should work normally again. The channels currently don't work because they are missing their required IOSes. When installing system menu 3.2, AnyRegion Changer also installs all IOS that are normally found on a wii with system menu 3.2. Then manually installing IOS 61 will allow the shop channel to function.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 06:13AM by jbc007.
February 14, 2010 09:27AM
WOW thanks for the great info hope i do it right.
February 14, 2010 03:28PM
Come to think of it, it may be a good idea to install the oldest version of IOS 36 when you install IOS 35. Anyway, after you fix your wii (and possibly right now in case something goes wrong while attempting to fix it) you should make a NAND backup. That way, you can fix your wii very easily next time it bricks.
February 15, 2010 07:05AM
hey u know how u said to change the console area setting to NTSC-U , it is already usa so i tried aus but says error, can i try the offline way thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 07:50AM by maaz55.
February 15, 2010 03:13PM
AnyRegion Changer needs internet to install a system menu. The offline way I was talking about is just installing a system menu and a bunch of IOS WADs. It is unnecessary unless you don't have internet access for your wii. You still need to use AnyRegion Changer to change the region settings.

What sort of error does AnyRegion Changer give? Also, did you install the oldest version of IOS 35? The newer versions don't have the trucha bug, so AnyRegion Changer won't work unless you have the oldest version of IOS 35 (you could patch a newer version, but that is more complicated). Anyway, if you had internet set up on your wii before it bricked, it may still work. If this is the case, try installing the system menu with AnyRegion Changer now. Make sure that you install the system menu of the same region as the console area setting. If it gives an error, please let us know what it is so we can determine how to fix it.
February 16, 2010 06:49AM
i fixed it again using comex nand formatter great tool. ok i install ios 35 v1040 using wad manger then i went to anyregion and the settings u told me to change is already usa so i changed it to europe and i press save and it says error sysconf_changes value =-102, press any key to quit. so yeah, i think i might have to install ios wads and system menu by wad manager offline. can u plz tell me wat ios wad thnks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 08:56PM by maaz55.
February 19, 2010 09:26PM
I am not familiar with the error you are receiving with AnyRegion Changer. My guess is that maybe it needs an internet connection to download a particular IOS, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can explain how to fix that.

Download the IOS 30 v1040 and the oldest versions (if you want, you can perform a system update after this is fixed, but for now use the oldest versions) of the rest of the IOSes with NUS Downloader. However do not get IOSes 16, 222, 223, 249, or 250. Also download system menu 3.2 for your region. If you are missing any system channels, you can download and install them if you want. Make sure to get the latest versions of these channels. Then install everything you have downloaded.

After doing this, please report back on what, if any, problems remain. This may or may not fix the semi brick, but everything else should work after this.
February 20, 2010 01:58PM
hey
i installed all those wads but had error with 4 or 5 wad s then the system menu error, so did i do something wrong or it didn't
work thanks, i have succesfully installed 4.2e offline but it deleted my hbc. wii settings still not working

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 03:02AM by maaz55.
February 25, 2010 04:46AM
Perhaps your wii was changed to NTSC-U. Try installing 4.2u, maybe that will work. If that doesn't work, I supose another option would be to convert a NAND backup from another wii to work on yours, and then restore it with Bootmii. If you do this, the donor wii must have Bootmii installed as boot2, the same boot1 version, and the same or greater boot2 version as your wii. You can convert the NAND dump with Betwiin.

Unless someone else is familiar with that error with AnyRegion Changer, I may play around with it and see if I can reproduce the error. I would like to know what the problem is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login