Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get HBC to load

Posted by haxxorboi 
Can't get HBC to load
December 31, 2009 04:24AM
I'm a noob for the most part so bear with me if something I say is horribly wrong.

I've got a new Wii, with 4.2 installed, and had HBC, DVDX, Preloader, and Cfg USB Loader installed fine. I went to boot a game (WiiSport Resort) and my AV Receiver complained of a Resolution error and the Wii rebooted. I guessed it was probably just a PAL/NTSC problem so I set it to force NTSC in the game options and also changed the theme to a different one (7th out of the 8 I believe, orange one, can't remember name) and tried to load the game again. It just sat at a black screen for a minute or so until I turned it off by holding the power button.

Now when I try to boot the system (boots to HBC from boot setting in Preloader) it goes to a screen with some weird cross hatched pattern with a bluish bar at the bottom. Basically it just looks like a horribly pixelated picture that CSI should get when they "enhance" but no screen that's recognizable. I tried to boot HBC from the Preloader menu and also from System Menu, but both give the jumbled picture pattern (not the same exact pattern, but always a jumbled one). I then tried to uninstall and reinstall from BootMii v0.6 and I still get the pattern, no matter when method of loading HBC.

Can someone help me get my HBC back? The Wii works fine booting games normally through Sys Menu but obviously hacking is worthless without having HBC.

Thanks much!
Re: Can't get HBC to load
December 31, 2009 04:50AM
Ok, wow... so after sitting there for 15 minutes now HBC loads just fine through all methods...

Anyone know what happened there just so I know for the future? Kinda unnerving :)

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login