Gamediscs not working
January 03, 2010 10:16AM
Since installing MPlayer CE, and installing the cIOS, my games aren't loading, originals in the disc channel, any ideas? running 3.2E

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 02:43PM by Colo.
Re: Can no longer play games
January 03, 2010 02:41PM
What games? Originals or backups? Did you install anything else lately, other than the mPlayer CE cIOS? What happens when you try to play games?
Re: Gamediscs not working
January 03, 2010 02:44PM
Basically it just says the wii cannot read the disc, I also have the homebrew channel installed, apart from that about it though, mind you MPlayerCE plays DVD's just fine.
January 03, 2010 03:12PM
Are the nonworking games, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Kart, and/or Metroid Prime 3?
January 03, 2010 03:15PM
Nope, WiiSports, topspin 3, but one is MarioKart
January 03, 2010 03:54PM
Your lens may be dirty. Other than that, I cannot think what would cause this. However, if the lens was dirty, it probably wouldn't play DVDs correctly in MPlayer CE. So I don't really know what the problem is. I'm pretty sure it isnt caused by the MPlayer CE cIOS though.
January 03, 2010 04:56PM
Is there any way to uninstall that certain IOS then?
January 03, 2010 05:30PM
Well, yeah, but like I said, I'm pretty sure that IOS isn't the problem. If you really want to uninstall it, fire up AnyTitle Deleter and delete IOS202
January 04, 2010 02:49AM
I remember now when I installed the cIOS I chose 36 in the installer instead of 202. You've already said how it couldn't be an IOS problem, but I really have nothing else to go off at the moment. :<
January 04, 2010 05:00AM
Can you launch the games through Gecko OS? Have you installed any system menu hacks, particularly region free hacks, with Preloader, Startpatch, or Starfall? Region free hacks can cause issues launching games from the disc channel.
January 04, 2010 05:03AM
I haven't installed any region free hacks, but I'll try gecko now, thanks.
January 04, 2010 05:18AM
Gecko OS does work. :D I'm still concerned about the disc channel though :/
January 04, 2010 05:37AM
You could try reinstalling the system menu. The easiest way to do this is with AnyRegion Changer; however, you can also use Dop-IOS Mod or Install a system menu WAD.

There is a slight rick of bricking your wii if you do this, so I recommend that you install Bootmii as boot2, if you have not already, before reinstalling the system menu.
January 04, 2010 08:43PM
Colo
I remember now when I installed the cIOS I chose 36 in the installer instead of 202. You've already said how it couldn't be an IOS problem, but I really have nothing else to go off at the moment. :<

You chose IOS36 to run the installer with. The new cIOS was installed to IOS202. Trust me ;).

Anyway, I would advise using dop-IOS MOD to reinstall your System Menu, as it sounds like something is wrong with it. I would advise dop-IOS MOD over AnyRegion Changer, as with ARC, you can accidently change some settings which can mess up your Wii a bit (various region settings, which are best left alone)
January 04, 2010 08:51PM
SifJar
Anyway, I would advise using dop-IOS MOD to reinstall your System Menu, as it sounds like something is wrong with it. I would advise dop-IOS MOD over AnyRegion Changer, as with ARC, you can accidently change some settings which can mess up your Wii a bit (various region settings, which are best left alone)

It is just as easy to mess up with Dop-IOS Mod as it is with AnyRegion Changer. For example, with Dop-IOS Mod, you could accidently install the wrong system menu version. If you don't have the correct IOS for this system menu version, your wii will be fully bricked. However, the worst thing that can happen with AnyRegion Changer is that you get a semi-brick or change some region settings, both of which are easy to fix. In any case, you must be careful to install system menu 3.2E (or a different version and it's IOS) and not change any region settings unless you know what you are doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2010 08:52PM by jbc007.
January 04, 2010 11:09PM
Provided he installs 3.2 with dop-IOS MOD, he would have the IOS, seeing as that's his System Menu now. Anyway, they are both good tools, just whichever you choose, use them with care.
April 02, 2010 03:56AM
Hey I'm back, haven't touched my wii for ages and decided to go through with reinstalling the system menu, what do you guys recommend? Anyregion changer or DOP ios?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 04:01AM by Colo.
April 02, 2010 04:01AM
April 02, 2010 04:05AM
Thanks, so what's the protocol on installing this? I'm pretty shaky with these types of things.
April 02, 2010 04:13AM
Download Dop-mii from the link I gave you, and then extract the folder you download. Once extracted, take the folder and put it inside of the apps folder that is on the root of your SD card. You should be set up like this:

root:/apps/dop_mii/boot.dol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login