Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blank Screen but power light

Posted by daniml975 
Blank Screen but power light
January 15, 2010 02:40AM
My Wii has been bricked for almost a year now, so I don't know what version of the system I'm currently running.

I know I do not have anything like boot loader or mod-chip installed, but I did use the twilight hack and had the homebrew channel installed.

Like others when i hit the power button it turns green, but I get no signal. Using a Wii mote doesn't work. I have tried replacing the bluetooth module which didn't work so I'm not believing that it's a software problem.

Is there anyway to fix this? Do I need to get the savemii chip or does anyone know a place in Northern VA where I could take it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Blank Screen but power light
January 15, 2010 03:11AM
You could try Savemii or Savemiifrii (google it if you are not familiar with it) but the rescue menu probably will not load. However, if it does, you could insert a newer game and it will install the update from that game (only if your system menu is not 2.x). Otherwise, you could install a mod chip, burn an autoboot WAD Import disc, and install a new system menu and its IOS (if your system menu is 3.2 or lower).

If nothing happens with Savemii, which is very likely, but your wii is old enough to install Bootmii as Boot2, you can manually install Bootmii with a hardware NAND programmer, get the keys, convert another NAND dump to work on your wii, and flash it to your wii to fix it. This is the only way it can be fixed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 03:20AM by jbc007.
January 15, 2010 07:33PM
I've looked at savemiifree, and bootmii, but i would have no idea how to get them installed on my bricked wii. Is this something I would need a mod chip for? I'm hesitant about spending the money on the savemii device since it doesn't seem guarenteed that it would wotk, and I'd probably only use it this once.
January 15, 2010 07:53PM
SaveMiiFrii isn't software, its a free version of SaveMii where you take a GC controller, remove the case and hold down all four directions on the d-pad while turning on the wii with the GC controller inserted in slot 4. Then recovery menu may show up. Or it may not. And if you have an old System Menu there is no real way to tell whether it has shown up or not. On newer System Menus (3.0+) it will display the System Menu version in lower right corner of screen. If recovery menu starts (remember that if you have a system menu >3.0, there is no visible sign), insert a recent game disc. if you are in recovery mode, the disc will start to spin. it will be installing the update, so leave it for a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login