Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii bricked when downgrading to 2.2E

Posted by diesal11 
Wii bricked when downgrading to 2.2E
February 16, 2010 12:27PM
I tried downgrading my wii to 2.2E through a tutorial and installed a 2.2e WAD when i got to the IOS downgrader (as i dont have access to a wireless internet connection)
it all ran fine no errors
until i reset it,
i will try and answer all possible questions:
What happens when your Wii boots up? (How far it gets, does the wiimote work, does the system freeze, go black, etc.)
- the light goes green and the wiimote can turn the wii on the screen is always black (could it be just the sysmenu and not the BOOT2 thingy?)

What Version of the System Menu is installed on the Wii?
- 2.4E or 2.2E (i tried downgrading)

Is the Homebrew Channel or the Twilight Hack installed on the system?
- the HBC is installed via Bannerbomb

Does your Wii have a Drivechip?
- no
thanks in advance
Re: Wii bricked when downgrading to 2.2E
February 16, 2010 01:52PM
1. AFAIK, there is no 2.4 or 2.2 System Menu. You mean 3.4 and 3.2.
2. You should NEVER downgrade. It is the WORST thing you could do to your Wii, besides uninstalling System Menu or System Menu IOS.
3. Do you have BootMii/boot2?
4. If the answer to 3 is No, you have permanently bricked your Wii, and it cannot be fixed.
February 16, 2010 02:08PM
Actually, there is a 2.2 system menu, but there isn't anything special about it. If you don't have Bootmii installed as boot2, but your wii is old enough to install it, you can fix it by manually installing Bootmii as boot2 with a hardware NAND programmer.
February 16, 2010 06:32PM
Sifjar
AFAIK, there is no 2.4 or 2.2 System Menu.
Just for future reference:
[wiibrew.org]

:)
February 16, 2010 09:59PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Sifjar
AFAIK, there is no 2.4 or 2.2 System Menu.
Just for future reference:
[wiibrew.org]

:)

Yeah I know, but when I was posting I couldn't be bothered checking that. I was going on memory.
February 16, 2010 10:31PM
Hey all,
i have researched further since this topic was created and found SaveMii(Frii)
yeah i meant 3.2 and i was downgrading for HB issues,
my last question is what game upgrades you to 4.1?
aparrently 4.1 is the best for HB now
thx for your time in advance
February 16, 2010 10:37PM
SaveMii won't work in your situation.
February 16, 2010 10:38PM
Why not?
ive got a corrupt NAND right?
February 16, 2010 10:43PM
[savemii.net] there it shows that it can fix NAND file corruptions
i presume this isnlt a boot1 or boot2 corruption, as everything works but the sysmenu doesn't load
February 16, 2010 11:07PM
You don't have a NAND file corruptions error. You have a corrupted/nonexistant System Menu or System Menu IOS. SaveMii(Frii) needs both of these to be present and working to function, and so your ONLY option is to get an Infectus and install BootMii/boot2 if your Wii is old enough to have BootMii installed as boot2. If your Wii is not old enough for that, you have no way of fixing your Wii.
February 17, 2010 04:40AM
You probably have a new wii that can't run old IOSes. This is the most likely reason that the downgrade bricked your wii. If this is the case, you can't install Bootmii as boot2. Still, you can check the Hackmii Installer log to find out for sure.
February 17, 2010 09:58AM
But it came on 3.2E and thats what i was downgrading to,
also whats the point in savemii if it requires both a working boot2 and a working systemIOS?
February 17, 2010 06:33PM
diesal11
But it came on 3.2E and thats what i was downgrading to

Then there is actually a good chance it has the old boot1, meaning you can unbrick it with an Infectus. Check the Hackmii Installer log. If it says that Bootmii can be installed, you can fix it. If it says that Bootmii can only be installed as IOS, you can't fix it.

diesal11
also whats the point in savemii if it requires both a working boot2 and a working systemIOS?

Fixing a wii bricked by installing the wrong region system menu. Also, it usually will allow you to fix a banner brick if you have a mod chip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 06:34PM by jbc007.
February 17, 2010 10:23PM
Well i know i didn't install bootmii as it wouldent install it as BOOT2 and only as an ios so i have the new BOOT1,
ima try SaveMiiFrii anyway their site and the wiibrew IRC chat said it should work,
will report back when ii get moar info
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login