Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corrupted boot1

Posted by strikeu 
Corrupted boot1
March 01, 2010 04:08AM
Hi,

"(ARM) boot0 A mask ROM (1.5K) which loads boot1 and verifies its SHA1 hash against that stored in OTP. If there is a mismatch, the system will halt. "

When my boot1 is corrupted*, video mode can be initialized "black screen" ? Before I'm flashing my nand with infectus I have got black screen. Now I had "No input signal" (Video output switch on and immediately switch off, so I see "black screen" for a moment). So I'm wondering whats "system halt" means.

*- boot1 what I flashed is from diffrent Wii... yeah I know :)

Sorry for my broken english, Thanks
Re: Corrupted boot1
March 01, 2010 01:54PM
If your boot1 is not "OK" then you will see the drive bay led keeps on with blue light.
The wii will not do anything anymore. It just panics :)
March 01, 2010 02:34PM
Hmmm, Seems the normal blue light appears when switched on and disappears. Any clues ? I'll reveal my history now, I flashed first eight blocks from diffrent wii nand, bootmii was there too. I had "No signal". What describes my problem?

boot2(bootmii there) - problem
other 4 blocks from different wii ?
or did I break my wii ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 02:35PM by strikeu.
March 02, 2010 10:00AM
What happens if you boot the wii without SD card? It should give 2 flashes on the drive bay. If that is the case, try another SD card with bootmii files or use another cable with different signal (component) it could be that composite out is broken. Not very likely but it sometimes happens
March 02, 2010 11:30AM
Light appear once with/without sd. sd card works fine with my other wii, bootmii too. Sometimes wii power up automaticly when I plug in ac adapter (it's strange) . I'm testing wii without dvd drive, bluetooth & wifi are connected. About video signal, I had standard rgb and component nothing works, on component thing looks like wii initialize resolution, so I see "black screen" for a sec, and total black out (blue screen - no video input) I test cables with my other wii it works.

sorry for my broken english, thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 11:31AM by strikeu.
March 02, 2010 11:58AM
what exactly did you flash in your wii? only the 2 bootmii blocks or the whole boot1 and boot2?
it could be that the bricked wii had a higher boot2 version and ifyou used a boot2 from another wii which is lower than it also does not work ...
March 02, 2010 12:15PM
First 8 blocks, boot1, boot2(3-4) and other 4 blocks. Broken wii has 3.2 inside, boot2 version is probably lower (nand backup has 4.1 fw)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 12:17PM by strikeu.
March 02, 2010 12:18PM
which version of boot2 do you have in your working wii? I assume boot2v2 and I guess you have boot2v3 or higher in the bricked one...
March 02, 2010 12:26PM
How to check it ?
March 02, 2010 12:29PM
the quickest is using bootmii and then the Info page
March 02, 2010 12:37PM
boot2v2
March 02, 2010 12:44PM
See, I told you so, your bricked wii has a higher boot2 and so it will not boot ...
You need to find other blocks I am afraid
March 02, 2010 12:50PM
Ok, I've full nand dump from bricked one :) I'll flash it without using bootmii. I'll write about result
March 02, 2010 12:52PM
just flash back the first 8 blocks then inject blocks 3 and 4 from your working wii into the broken one.
That should do the bootmii trick too
May 05, 2010 06:47PM
Hello, well i going to tell you what happend to me, last week i was trying to make some test with a korean wii and an infectus modchip, the fact is that i read the 8 first blocks of the nand, and after that i tried to make some tests, after handling the test without success i appreciate that one contact soldered was bad, and when i put the read file back to try to restore the wii as their initial state, i got a black screen with non posibility to do a savemii frii, before the system got wrong, the system menu was 4.2U, remember that i was trying to do something with nand and a Korean Wii with 003 error, is some one can send me a copy of the first 8 block to recover at least the savemii frii, i could try to recover the system...
many thank in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login