Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi-Bricked Wii

Posted by RDavis0688 
Semi-Bricked Wii
May 03, 2010 03:38AM
Hello everyone.

For some reason, my Wii will not load into the System Menu. I get a message saying "You tried to access the address marc: EU/EU/ENG/Setup/startup_index1.html".

I have searched this forum for help before this, and someone mentioned that I should find something like Wadimport to fix this (I am not asking for Wads, or anything, because I don't want to get banned). I have read those posts but for some reason cannot figure out what I am to do. I have Bootmii set up, but never did a NAND Backup. I know that that alone can really be a problem, but I just want to know what my options are. I have already tried to set my Wii back up with Comex Nand Formatter and 3.1u, but this is the message I get.

I am sorry if I am coming off as stupid, I just want help. Please, if anyone has time, would you mind helping me? Thank you very much for your time, if so.
Re: Semi-Bricked Wii
May 03, 2010 04:12AM
You installed the system menu from the wrong region. Try having Comex's NAND Formatter install a system menu 3.2 WAD for your region. Be sure that there are no other WADs in the wad folder on your SD card when you do this.
May 03, 2010 04:13AM
That's odd. I selected 3.2U, isn't that the right one for my region? I figured that it would be, but I guess there's something else I have to obtain?

Thank you for your reply.
May 03, 2010 04:41AM
I don't know. What region is your wii? Normally this issue is caused by installing a system menu from the wrong region, so I assumed your wii was not NTSC-U. If your wii is NTSC-J, install 3.2J. If it is PAL, install 3.2E.

Altnerately, you could use SaveMii/SaveMiiFrii to install an update from a game disc. If you do this, be sure that the game is from the correct region, or your problem will not be fixed. More importantly, do NOT update from a newer game. Newer games have boot2 v4 in their updates, even if they only have system menu 4.1. If you update from a game with boot2 v4, and it doesn't fix the issue (which is quite possible), Bootmii will be uninstalled, and it will be nearly impossible to fix your wii.

If your wii really is NTSC-U, let me know, and I'll provide further instructions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2010 04:44AM by jbc007.
May 03, 2010 04:42AM
My Wii is indeed NTSC-U. I bought it in the United States and still play it in the United States. :) Thanks again for all of your advice.
May 03, 2010 04:53AM
In that case, download this. Put the NTSC-U setting.txt on the root of your SD card, then run GC Settings fix. If necessary, reinstall system menu 3.2U with DOP-Mii or a WAD installer.
May 03, 2010 04:57AM
I cannot get to my System Menu, will this be a problem? The Wii hangs up on that white screen with the message.
May 03, 2010 04:59AM
Launch the Homebrew Channel from Bootmii. If the Homebrew Channel does not work, I'll explain another way to do it.
May 03, 2010 04:59AM
It does not.
May 03, 2010 05:06AM
Check your PMs.
January 16, 2014 01:56PM
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem....only my wii is from Europe and I live in Europe.
Is it possible to help me out here?

Thank you in advanced.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login