Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi bricked wii Opera Error when accessing settings

Posted by jiggygent 
Semi bricked wii Opera Error when accessing settings
June 06, 2010 08:08PM
It seems I must've had an update from a foreign region.. anyways, I have an NTSC and it works fine other than I cannot access my system settings to try and update to the latest NTSC version. I've read around a bit and have found numerous ways to try and get this back up and running well. The easiest of which would be to use the wad manager to install the IOS/System Menu. I have NUS, but I haven't the foggiest clue of which IOS/System menu combo to get this to the latest. I used the "Emulate Wii System Update" in the Extras section because I figured it would get the latest, but it creates so many wad's I'm not sure which ones to use or not. I just want to verify what IOS/System Menu I need and just confirmation that using WAD manager will work to load those up ok. Thanks in advance.
Re: Semi bricked wii Opera Error when accessing settings
June 06, 2010 08:14PM
4.2 System Menu uses IOS70
4.0 and 4.1 System Menu use IOS60

Take you pick.
June 06, 2010 08:19PM
Great thanks, I'll go with IOS 70/System Menu 4.2.

Please confirm the process should just be to use WAD Manager, load IOS first, then System Menu?
June 06, 2010 11:25PM
Yeah, definitely install the IOS first and make sure there are no errors.
June 07, 2010 01:58AM
That worked out great. Thanks for the help. =0)
June 07, 2010 10:37AM
Glad you got it fixed. Come to us if you have any more problems or questions :)
September 14, 2010 06:41PM
Hi Sif Jar, i am in the same boat as jiggygent but i use IOS61 and my "System Menu 4.1 (v450)" PAL version ( i got this report from the "sysCheck v2.0) . How can I restore it back to "System Menu 4.1 (v449)" NTSC version? i am new to this and just got HBBC installed on my wii. Thanks for any help you can give me.
September 14, 2010 06:48PM
That would be a downgrade, which can not be done directly (449 < 450). Therefore, you must update to 4.2 or higher with a game disc. First, find any game with 4.2 or higher and insert it into your wii (obviously, you must be certain to use an NTSC-U game). Then use SaveMii/SaveMiiFrii when turning on your wii, and your system menu version will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. The update from the game will install automatically, but there will be no evidence of this. Therefore, do not turn off the wii. When the version number in the bottom right corner changes to 4.2u (or whatever update was on the game), the update is complete. At this point, you can turn off your wii, and when you turn it back on, it will work normally again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 06:49PM by jbc007.
September 14, 2010 06:52PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know any games that will load 4.2 and what is SaveMii/SaveMiiFrii? and how do i use it? Sorry for the dumb questions.
September 14, 2010 07:06PM
I think I heard that Metroid Other M has 4.3 (or maybe that was 4.2, it does not matter in your case). Information regarding SaveMii can be found at [[url=http://savemii.net/]savemii.net[/url]]. To use it, simply insert the dongle into your wii when before you power the wii on. If you would rather use SaveMiiFrii, you may find this useful.
September 14, 2010 08:02PM
Thanks again for the helpful info. I have 2 chanels of Weather and something else will this fix it aswell?
September 14, 2010 08:18PM
You will have to delete those manually. It is easiest to do this with AnyTitle Deleter (AnyTitle Deleter leaves something behind on the wii, but this does not matter unless you send the wii to Nintendo). Otherwise you could find a WAD of these channels and uninstall them with a WAD installer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 08:18PM by jbc007.
September 14, 2010 08:52PM
can i delete all chanels from my main screen without any problems later? there is no way i can boot from my SD card and update my System Menu? Dont want to spend $50 on the savemii dongle. but if i have to then i will. Thanks again.
September 14, 2010 08:59PM
You can delete any channels you want. They can always be reinstalled if you want them back. As for fixing your wii, yes, you must purchase a SaveMii dongle (or disassemble a gamecube controller to use SaveMiiFrii; I don't have time explain this further, Google is your friend). Keep in mind that the money you spend on the SaveMii dongle goes to Team Twiizers, the creators of the Homebrew Channel and other things you likely use and the owners of this site.
September 14, 2010 09:01PM
SaveMii dongle it is then. Thanks for your help.
November 02, 2010 12:03AM
I have received savemii and when i start wii with it i get one light red and one green. on the bottom righ screen i get 4.1(USA) but i still can't get in to my system settings get the opera error. How can i fix it?
thanks
November 02, 2010 12:11AM
Now I'm confused. I though your wii originally had an NTSC-U system menu and you installed the PAL update. Is your wii supposed to be NTSC-U or PAL (or a different region, for the matter)?

Either way, you will be able to fix it, and you will still need the SaveMii dongle. However, it is necessary first to determine which region your wii is supposed to be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2010 12:13AM by jbc007.
November 02, 2010 12:25AM
my wii is USA version. sysCheck v2.0 report comes up with System Menu 4.1 (v450)" PAL version but when i boot with save mii dongle it says 4.1 (USA) my system settings get the opera error.
November 02, 2010 01:45AM
That is very odd. For safety reasons, I will not suggest a course of action until I know exactly what the situation it. Could you remind me again what caused this issue? Did you ever region change you wii? Also, if this happened after an update, what region of what game did you update from (or was it an online update, though this would be unusual)?
November 02, 2010 02:10AM
my wii is chip modded but this has happened after somekind of wii game update, not sure what kind. can i update to 4.2 and will it fix my system setup page? what game can i use to update to 4.2?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.