Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which Wii's can be unbricked using Infectus?

Posted by Sephiroth 
Which Wii's can be unbricked using Infectus?
June 27, 2010 08:16AM
hi guys ^^

I was hoping that some of you could help me confirm some information regarding the infectus...so lets see if i got everything right:

1. if your bricked wii has a vulnerable boot1 (no bootmii installed) and you don't have the encryption keys for it you can use an infectus to get a nand dump which will lead to information about the boot1 and boot2 version of the wii.now you can search for a wii with the same boot1 version and an equal to or greater version of boot2.install bootmii/boot2 on this wii and get a nand backup.now you can either flash the whole nand backup (of the working wii of course) to the bricked wii or just the boot1 and boot2 section of the nand;either way the bricked wii should now have bootmii installed (but can't load anything else obviously).get a nand backup of the bricked wii using bootmii which finally gives you information about the encryption keys.use betwiin to convert the nand backup of the bricked wii to get a sane system -> restoremii magic happens and the wii should be unbricked.

2. if your bricked wii has NO vulnerable boot1 but you do have a nand backup (including the encryption keys) you can always use an infectus to flash the nand backup to the wii (not as reliable as bootmiis restoremii feature???)

3. if your bricked wii has NO vulnerable boot1 and you don't have the encryption keys then....I HAZ FAIL TIME -> absolutely no way of fixing this wii.

i also like to know which infectus i should buy if i ever wanted to unbrick a wii with it? afaik the latest version should be "Infectus 2"; is that correct?

EDIT:

i forgot to ask whether or not it is important how old the wii is...are there any limitations in newer wiis that could possibly prevent the use of an infectus??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 08:37AM by Sephiroth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login