Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Blacked OUT

Posted by rgm123 
Wii Blacked OUT
July 02, 2010 11:18AM
I tried to install some csm themes and alas!!!! my wii got bricked. i have a NAND backup of my wii made through bootmii .

I switch ON wii and what i get is a black screen. the wii system flashes a blue light as usual in every bootup and nothing else happens.

I formatted my SD card by FAT format and copied my NAND backup to the SD card.

Finally, i have these 5 files on my SD. apps, bootmii,installer,keys & nand.

i put my SD card into the wii front slot and switched ON my wii... all i get is a black screen... there is no bootmii menu or hbc menu coming up.

Any suggestions. I bought this wii a week before only.

i have installed BootMii as IOS and not as boot2 and is on 4.2u system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thankx a million times for helping me out........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 03:42PM by rgm123.
Re: Wii Blacked OUT
July 02, 2010 12:50PM
I assume you have BootMii as IOS and not as boot2, and that's why it doesn't appear when you start up your Wii. BootMii IOS doesn't really offer any brick protection and I don't think there's much you can do. However, I'm not entirely sure what will fix it.
Re: Wii Blacked OUT
July 02, 2010 02:28PM
What System Menu where you on? If it was lower than 4.2 (highly doubtful considering you say you bought the Wii only a week ago), you could use SaveMiiFrii to recover.

If you were on 4.2, you should be able to use SaveMiiFrii to recover your Wii once there is a game disc with 4.3 on it.

If you were on 4.3 (I highly doubt you were, seeing as you could install themes), you'll have to wait a LONG time to be able to fix it, or else get a modchip.

Anyway, SaveMiiFrii works like this: Get a GC controller, plug it into the Wii (may need to be in a certain slot, not sure) and hold down all four directions on the d-pad and turn on Wii. You should hopefully get a black screen with the System Menu version in the lower right corner. Note that on official GC controllers, and most unofficial ones too, you will need to take controller apart to press down all four directions at once.

If you don't have a GC controller, or don't want to take one apart, order a SaveMii from [www.savemii.net], which is a device that slots into a GC memory card slot and does the same job as SaveMiiFrii. Note that a GC controller would probably be cheaper and you could then do SaveMiiFrii method.

Once you are at that black screen (known as "Recovery Menu"), if you insert a disc with a higher System Menu than the currently installed one, it will install the update from the disc. So if you're on 4.1, inserting a disc with 4.2 would update the Wii, removing the bad theme. However, if you are on 4.2, you will need to wait until a disc comes out with 4.3 on it (perhaps Metroid:Other M will have it?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 02:30PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login