Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC apps won't read from SD slot

Posted by AngelusMortalis 
HBC apps won't read from SD slot
July 04, 2010 03:36AM
I've been searching the forums trying to find anyone who has had a problem similar to this, but I've turned up nothing so far, and I apologize if it turns out I just wasn't digging deep enough.

My Wii is running firmware 4.2u and has no problem reading data from any of my SD or SDHC cards in the SD card menu or the HBC menu. However, most of my HBC apps, once loaded, will not recognize SD card even though they used to. This includes FCEUGX, MPlayer CE, and others. WiiXplorer can usually access the data on my SD card if I force it to reload the device a few times, but the other applications will not read SD files at all. I don't have any problems loading from USB devices, and I don't know if they would be able to load from DVDs or not because I have not installed IOS 202. I have tried several SD cards, all of which previously had no problems. I have checked and none of them are locked. I am running HBC v1.0.6 with IOS61 v21.29 and, as I said, System Menu 4.2u. If anyone has any idea what is wrong with my hardware/software or how I can fix it, please let me know. I sincerely appreciate any responses.
Re: HBC apps won't read from SD slot
July 06, 2010 09:58PM
It sounds like you SD card is failing to read sometimes. This could be because of too many uses. Possibly. Does this happen with any other SD card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login