Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compatible boot2 and does not work

Posted by ZxJesus 
Compatible boot2 and does not work
July 04, 2010 08:31PM
I have a Wii for the boot2 supports old and still remains installed and then fails to start and let me know if you can help me to start the uninstall and reinstall and nothing. The problem started when you update the Wii to 4.2 with Waninkoko Updater 4.2. If I can help is the grateful.
Re: Compatible boot2 and does not work
July 04, 2010 09:33PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. A better description of the issue would be nice. Still, the fact that you used Wanky's updater indicates that you definitely have a problem.
July 04, 2010 10:31PM
The problem is that I installed as boot2 Bootmii and installation does not tell me any error, before I could also use the smooth boot2 Bootmii as having my Wii 4.1 ... Leaving Waninkoko Updater 4.2 update and after I came I found that the Bootmii rare and I decided to install again Bootmii perfectly complete the installation as usual and since that day I can not use Bootmii thought it was a configuration error Bootmii folder but it is not and no longer do. That's the problem I present. The mind my bad English but I'm from Venezuela, I am using the google translator.
July 04, 2010 10:52PM
I suppose that updater thing was a homebrew? That's probably the cause. Homebrew updaters are known to fail, from either not doing the update to bricking the Wii. I suppose the updater disabled the boot2 BootMii. Do an official update to 4.2 using Super Mario Galaxi 2 (if able) and reinstall BootMii.
July 05, 2010 02:57PM
It is a program that updates the wii without losing the IOS vulnerable, if not have the Super Mario Galaxy 2 official update another method could use? Although I do not remember where I read but say the system has the Boot2v4 Menu 4.2 and you can not install the Bootmii or is only with the new consoles?
July 05, 2010 03:23PM
You can use DOP-Mii to update to 4.2, if you don't have Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login