Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

banner bricked wii, need some help

Posted by Death_97 
banner bricked wii, need some help
July 20, 2010 09:44PM
i banner bricked my wii and it gives me a black screen after i pass the health screen.
system menu - 4.2u
bootmii - installled as ios

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 10:30PM by Death_97.
Re: Banner Bricked Wii...please help
July 20, 2010 09:59PM
Unless you have Priiloader, nothing you can do. You shouldn't mess with WADs unless you have either Priiloader or BootMii/boot2. At least, I assume the banner brick was from a bad channel WAD, and not a theme?
July 20, 2010 11:46PM
yeah it it was from a bad channel wad, so... theres nothing i can do for my wii?
July 21, 2010 12:08AM
Nope, 'fraid not. Unless you happen to have a modchip and trucha bug patched into System Menu IOS (on 4.2 this is IOS70), or else happened to install DarkCorp.
July 21, 2010 12:12AM
i have the trucha bug, whats darkcorp?

EDIT: i have a backup of my wiis nand and keys made with bootmii, can i use those to fix my wii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 05:50AM by Death_97.
July 21, 2010 06:02AM
Death_97

Did you trucha patch IOS 70, or just IOS 36? It only matters if you have the trucha bug in IOS 70. Darkcrap is a piece of epic fail. It is intended as a piracy tool (so is isn't supported here), but it is really only useful if you want to completely screw up your wii.

Death_97
EDIT: i have a backup of my wiis nand and keys made with bootmii, can i use those to fix my wii?

You could use a hardware NAND programmer to flash the NAND backup to the wii's NAND. Unfortunately, this is not particularly easy.
July 21, 2010 06:11AM
i used dop-mii to install the trucha,
where would i find a hardware NAND programmer?
July 21, 2010 06:30AM
jbc007
Death_97
Did you trucha patch IOS 70, or just IOS 36? It only matters if you have the trucha bug in IOS 70. Darkcrap is a piece of epic fail. It is intended as a piracy tool (so is isn't supported here), but it is really only useful if you want to completely screw up your wii.
It's useful in that it has the trucha bug in every IOS.
July 21, 2010 11:30AM
bg4545
jbc007
Death_97
It's useful in that it has the trucha bug in every IOS.

And allows burnt recovery discs (homebrew ones) to boot from recovery menu...

Anyway, if you restored trucha with dop-Mii, and didn't patch any other IOS, you only have trucha bug in IOS36, which is useless.

Sorry, but the only way you can fix your wii is with a NAND programmer, which would require you to dismantle your Wii, desolder the NAND chip, solder it to a NAND programmer (e.g. an Infectus) and connect it to a computer. I highly doubt this is within your capabilities (no offence intended, its beyond my capabilities too.)
July 21, 2010 08:57PM
well my wii is already messed up so its worth giving it a shot right? so i could to use the nand.bin and keys.bin with the programmer to fix it?
July 21, 2010 10:33PM
Well, in theory yeah. But I have no idea of the specifics, as I have never needed to do it, and hope I never will (probably wouldn't be able to do it anyway).
July 22, 2010 05:20AM
how much does an infectus cost?
July 22, 2010 10:54AM
dunno. at a guess i'd say $40ish, but that be way off.
July 22, 2010 11:37PM
im probably just gonna get a new wii, so whats the best brick protection to use on 4.2
July 23, 2010 12:08AM
Well, as its a new Wii, so won't be able to have BootMii/boot2, the best brick protection (pretty much ONLY brick protection) is Priiloader. This is completely regardless of System Menu.
July 23, 2010 11:35PM
thanks for all the help
July 25, 2010 04:23PM
There is a software mean that involves a modded drive and a bunch of games to fill the nand up... search for it if it fits you better than a nand restore using infectus...

It uses the fact that once you are out of memory on nand and you try to create a rabbids go home channel from that game it just throws you to the data management screen to reserve some space... of course at that screen you can copy a hacked savefile to your system (such as Indiana Pwns save)

Infectus solution is on the other hand is much more direct but needs soldering skills and more knowledge... If you find a guy to do it for you though it's easier than that software workaround.

ps: For the workaround : Don't ask me, search it in google with keywords : I mentioned above and "banner brick"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 04:23PM by I.R.on.
August 04, 2010 10:31PM
i bought a wasabi dx yesterday, would this help me?
Re: banner bricked wii, need some help
August 15, 2010 10:49PM
Yeah that would help you,
Search for banner brick rabbids go home in google and you'll find how you can make use of that chip to unbrick your wii...

Anyway sending the link to you via PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login