Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is my Wii Bricked, and how did it happen?

Posted by bigmac909 
Re: Is my Wii Bricked, and how did it happen?
September 10, 2010 10:54PM
bigmac909
So I tried savemiifrii, and it didn't work. One last thing I'm going to try is to do savemiifrii on my cousins wii. If I'm doing the process correctly, will the system menu version still appear for a working wii?

Provided your cousin's wii has system menu 3.0 or higher, the system menu version will appear if you do it correctly. It does not appear on system menu 2.x.
September 10, 2010 11:53PM
Right, that's why I want to try that, just in case I'm doing it wrong. Thank you.
September 11, 2010 11:07PM
Went to my cousins, tried it, and it still didn't work. So when I got back home, I opened up a different controller, handled everything more cafefully, and... SUCESS! Now i just have to play the waiting game for a new update disc, correct?
September 11, 2010 11:18PM
Probably, however, it is possible that this is message board data corruption. Try booting into maintenance mode. If it works, you can find a way to delete your message board data. If you can't boot into maintenance mode, the issue is caused by something else and you will need to wait for a game with a higher update. Though it will probably be a long time before a game with the 4.4 update is released.
September 11, 2010 11:27PM
Ok, so how do I operate this "maintenance mode"? From what I've seen it's entered through holding + and - while pressing (A) at the startup screen. But my wii doesn't get that far, so how would I get there?
September 11, 2010 11:56PM
I think that is right. Just try it whenever it is possible. I doubt that it will work, but it's worth a try.
December 21, 2010 02:08AM
So it' been awhile since I made this topic, and I really miss my Wii.

I was doing some more research, and I saw that Nintendo will fix a softmodded Wii for a hefty price. Can somebody verify?

And am I right in thinking that I'm supposed to be waiting for a game to be released with a 4.4 update that will just magically fix my Wii when I pop it in? Research yields different methods, along the lines of opening up the Wii.

Can somebody just clarify where the hell I'm at right now?
December 21, 2010 02:29AM
If you do not want to spend a large amount of money on fixing your Wii or buying a new one, you are indeed at the point where you must wait patiently for System Menu 4.4/5.0 and a game to push it.
December 21, 2010 09:11PM
Thanks for clarifying. It just seems weird why that would work, and I wondered if I'd misinterpreted something. So as soon as said disc comes out, it just fixes itself? Simple as that?
December 22, 2010 02:16AM
I agree that it is strange that this just happened, however, based on how you described the situation, SaveMiiFrii should work. Hopefully, when an updated system menu comes out, you can just make it fix itself. Unfortunately, it will probably be a while before a usable disc comes out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 02:16AM by winmaster.
December 24, 2010 10:05PM
Alright, thanks everybody. And hopefully a new update will be out soon, as it's typically every 6 months a new system menu is released. I'll try to make a video of the un-bricking in progress to help other people with questions similar to mine.
May 18, 2011 01:26AM
Hey all!

I've decided that, if at all possible, I'm willing to pay some cash if it means fixing this Wii of mine. With the next big home console on the horizon, I'm doubtful that there will be any further system updates (mine bricked right after 4.3 too, so I'm pissed).

I'm at a bit of a loss of what my new (wallet-draining) options actually are short of sending it to Nintendo, which I'd rather do as a last resort. SaveMiiFrii was a success, so are there any legit discs I can buy in place of system updating-enforcing game? I know that I've seen some "universal unbricking discs" in my research, but I don't now which ones work for what versions and what types of bricks, if they even work at all.

The investment will definitely pay itself off in terms of my large VC library I had on that thing, so please, any monetary solution is now appreciated!
June 18, 2011 02:14AM
When did you buy your Wii? You could program BootMii/boot2 using a NAND programmer if it's old enough (to be safe, any Wii Q2 2008 and earlier should support BootMii/boot2), then prepare an SD card (you could prepare it on your cousin's Wii using the HackMii installer).
June 21, 2011 08:26AM
If savemiifrii is working you can fix the wii using Smash Stack. Load Smash Stack using Disc Swap PWNS or Mario Kart PWNS, then fix the wii.

Also consider that your bluetooth module may be broken are been dislodged when you put it in the gym bag. If you have a wiimote that is synced to the wii, this wiimote should power the wii on. If does not power the wii on the bt module is probably bad or needs to be reseated. BT module cost about 10 bucks. If you don't have a synced wiimote you can't test without reseating or replacing. Also if the bt module was bad no games would load for you. So if you try Smash Stack and nothing loads, probably a bad bt module.

To load anything from RM via savemiifrii must chip the wii and mod your retail legally owned games to autoboot. Recovery disc will not work on 4.3, only Smash Stack. Unless you have a savegame exploit installed, if you installed a savegame exploit you game load that exploit from RM via savemiifrii, but you still need to enable autoboot. Nothing loads from RM without chip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login