Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doesn't read most wii games but seems to play GC games fine

Posted by JINGOisME 
Doesn't read most wii games but seems to play GC games fine
September 30, 2010 08:57AM
This doesn't have anything to do with homebrew but I am wondering if it can help fix the problem. Is there any kind of software out there that could get the dvd drive reading wii games again? I was hoping DVDx might help but figuring it would be a bit of a long shot.

If I can back up a game then burn it to a DVD-R you guys think it might work then, after installing something like DVDx?

My copy of TMNT for the wii has been loading fine still, but none of my other 8 games or so do. I really want to get back to playing COD and would like to know if this might work before I figure out all the details on the backing up on DVD of a wii game I already own.

I have tried many copies of specific games to make sure it is not a bad disc problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 09:03AM by JINGOisME.
Re: Doesn't read most wii games but seems to play GC games fine
September 30, 2010 09:13AM
Problem number 1:
DVDX has nothing to do with games; It is for playing DVD movies.

Problem number 2:
DVDX is no longer required nor supported.

Problem number 3:
We don't support nor condone playing "backup" games here.

Problem number 4:
You didn't give enough details of your problem.
September 30, 2010 09:26AM
The problem is I paid a bunch of money for a product that is not working after 18 months.

The problem is I do not have $70 to replace the lense.

It is about 2 years old from North America. Like I said, it will play gamecube games but no wii games, except for a few older wii games. I tried lense cleaner which only made the problem a lot worse. Prior to that I could play a game for 20-30 minutes or so before I got the error message and the wii freezing but after the lense cleaner is when I couldn't even get a game to appear on the wii menu before it would freeze except in rare situations.

I've unplugged it for many hours with no help either. Why would it read GC games fine but no wii games?
September 30, 2010 09:32AM
If it's your disc drive itself that's having problems then you might as well send it to Nintendo to fix.
See here [www.nintendo.com]
(Assuming you're in the U.S.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login