Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP ME! I think I bricked my Wii -_-

Posted by danielcg 
Re: HELP ME! I think I bricked my Wii -_-
October 15, 2010 10:27PM
Assuming that you are unable to access maintenance mode and that you do not already have Bootmii/boot2 (you would know if you had it), fixing your wii will be difficult or impossible. If your wii is old enough to install Bootmii/boot2, you can manually install it with a hardware NAND programmer. Otherwise, if you already have a working NAND dump from it, you could use a hardware NAND programmer to flash it to your NAND. Of course, this isn't exactly easy. If neither of these conditions apply to you, you can't fix your wii.
October 16, 2010 06:52PM
About 2-5, really fast so I can't really count it
October 16, 2010 06:57PM
How much does the hardware cost? Or where can I borrow it or rent it? No I don't have a NAND dump or anything from the wii, only my memory card with the apps folder on it. I really want to avoid opening the wii, and I won't solder anything unless someone can say from experience that soldering anything will NOT make Nintendo not accept your 90 dollars and wii and fix it. (not warranty, pay-to-fix)
October 16, 2010 09:42PM
It sounds like you do indeed have BootMii installed as boot2. Get the armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf files and put them in a "bootmii" folder at the root of your SD card. Then insert your SD card into your Wii and see if it boots BootMii. If you have access to a working Wii, then you can get those files by running the HackMii Installer and selecting "Prepare SD card." If not, then maybe someone here knows of a reliable download source.
October 20, 2010 12:02AM
OK, I got the following files: armboot.bin - bootmii.ini - ppcboot.elf I put all in a folder named "bootmii". When my Wii Boots now, it flashes the blue light on, and off, and doesnt stop about every second it toggles on, or off I'm going to see what happens if I put several files from the hackmii installer, and see if I can load anything
October 20, 2010 12:09AM
OK, nothing happened, the same flashing blue light. here is a youtube video of it: [www.youtube.com]

What does the light mean? Is it some kind of error message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 12:10AM by danielcg.
October 20, 2010 02:19AM
danielcg
OK, nothing happened, the same flashing blue light. here is a youtube video of it: [www.youtube.com]

What does the light mean? Is it some kind of error message?

Did you put the bootmii folder on the root of the SD Card?
October 21, 2010 01:19AM
Yes

SD:/bootmii/ is the path
PS: my Wii is very old, I was one of the ppl standing in line at 5:00 AM to get one. It's model number is RVL-001

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 01:22AM by danielcg.
October 23, 2010 05:31AM
So what do I do? I can try that maintainence mode thing, how do I do that? There was some other thing I heard that if you plugged a GC controller into port 4 and pressed the D pad in all directions while the wii is booting, is that maintenance mode?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login