Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Update not working?

Posted by ohaideritsme 
Wii Update not working?
October 12, 2010 02:40AM
Hi, I've been trying to update my Wii but it's not working. I installed Homebrew, DVDX, Bootmii, but then uninstalled all of them, and even removed my SD card that contained the software.

I'm using system 4.2, everything works fine, except I can't access the wii shop or many other things due to the fact that I do not have an updated wii. I am done with homebrew, and thats why I removed it, so why can't I update my system?

When I update my system it starts like usual, sits at the start of the bar for a while, then pops up with either error #32002 or #32004.

Sorry this isn't about a bricked wii, but it was the most appropriate category that I could see
Re: Wii Update not working?
October 12, 2010 04:55AM
Do you have Priiloader or StartPatch?
October 12, 2010 05:24AM
No I don't have either. I used bannerbomb to install homebrew
October 12, 2010 03:48PM
It will be easier to update manually than to figure out how to fix this issue. Therefore, there are essentially two options. You could update just the shop channel, or you could spend a significant amount of time updating everything. Since there is absolutely no benefit to being on a higher system menu, it would be much easier to just update the shop channel.

Option 1: Use DOP-Mii to install the latest revision of IOS 56 and the shop channel. This is very easy to do, and should not take very long.

Option 2: Use DOP-Mii to install IOS 80, system menu 4.3, and then the latest revisions of all other IOSes and the shop channel. This is quite tedious and time consuming, yet there is no benefit of doing this over option 1.
October 14, 2010 02:19AM
Those errors indicate a problem with the Wii connecting to NUS. If you have never installed Priiloader, StarPatch, or any fail updaters, then it is likely a problem with your Internet connection. Does the Internet connection test work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login