Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An Error Has Occurred

Posted by fgfemperor 
An Error Has Occurred
November 07, 2010 08:55PM
Hi, I have a original, never modded Wii that suddenly started to display a "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations Manual..." error message. Even when I try to load the Mii Channel. I could, however, install the Homebrew channel and BootMii using the bannerbomb method (and I can also load emulators)... My system is a boot1b and boot2v4 with SYstem Menu V4.2U . I can't load games from the USB Loader either so it's not a DVD Drive problem... Any suggestions? I'm running out of options! =\
P.s.: I'm not willing to use any piracy method. I just tried installing the USB loader to certify it's not a DVD Drive problem!
I appreciate any help!
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 08:57PM by fgfemperor.
Re: An Error Has Occurred
November 07, 2010 09:08PM
First of all you're not supposed talk about USB Loaders here. Secondly, if the Mii Channel didn't work then it probably wouldn't be the disc drive.
November 07, 2010 09:40PM
Like I said, I only mentioned it to help find the problem, I already got rid of it anyway! And I didn't mention anything about how to get it or anything.... but sorry anyway!
November 07, 2010 10:15PM
I understand; you won't get banned or anything for that.. How'd did you manage to fix the problem?
November 07, 2010 10:20PM
I didn't fix the problem yet, so I still need help!
November 07, 2010 10:25PM
Oh, whoops I thought you meant you got rid of the problem
November 07, 2010 10:40PM
Nope, my bad, I meant I got rid of the.. ahn.. "Illegal" stuff..
November 07, 2010 11:23PM
If it was never modded, why on earth did you then install HBC on it? You could have simply returned it to Nintendo, and they would have repaired it free if it was still in warranty (judging by the boot1 version I'd guess not) or for a small fee. Now they will either refuse to fix it or charge you a lot extra.
November 07, 2010 11:27PM
Have you recently made any modifications to your wii? Try launching a game through Gecko OS and let us know whether it works, or what, if any, error appears. Also, is the error just the text you quoted, or is there some associated number as well?

SifJar
If it was never modded, why on earth did you then install HBC on it? You could have simply returned it to Nintendo, and they would have repaired it free if it was still in warranty (judging by the boot1 version I'd guess not) or for a small fee. Now they will either refuse to fix it or charge you a lot extra.

Fortunately, should it come to it, the Homebrew Channel itself is easy enough to remove. However, if you launch a game or channel through any application launched through the HBC (Gecko OS, USB loader, etc.), things get more complicated. Though, provided this is not a hardware issue, you can fix it yourself. There probably is not any need to send it to Nintendo anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 11:32PM by jbc007.
November 07, 2010 11:42PM
jbc007
Have you recently made any modifications to your wii? Try launching a game through Gecko OS and let us know whether it works, or what, if any, error appears. Also, is the error just the text you quoted, or is there some associated number as well?

SifJar

Fortunately, should it come to it, the Homebrew Channel itself is easy enough to remove. However, if you launch a game or channel through any application launched through the HBC (Gecko OS, USB loader, etc.), things get more complicated. Though, provided this is not a hardware issue, you can fix it yourself. There probably is not any need to send it to Nintendo anyway.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that even having installed and run HBC is enough to make it appear in the sys.uid or whatever its called, and that is an irreversible process.
November 07, 2010 11:52PM
Well, sending it to Nintendo is not an option for me since I already did it and they wanted to charge almost the price of a new Wii to fix it...
No, no error code appears, just that message... The full message is: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations Manual for help troubleshooting."
I tried Gecko OS but got the same error message (sometimes it just freezes on a black screen, just like it happens through "normal" procedure)
November 08, 2010 12:01AM
I could be wrong, but I though that the Hackmii Installer removed all traces of the HBC itself except for the play log entries, in which the HBC only appears if you launch an official title through an application launched from the HBC. Does installation of the HBC even install anything to the NAND other than its contents and the ticket (and now the save file)?

Anyway, what games have you tried? Also, are you sure that the game discs are not damaged?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 12:05AM by jbc007.
November 08, 2010 12:06AM
Yes I'm sure it's not a problem with the discs, since the problem also happens with the Mii Channel!
I've tried New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii Sports ...
November 08, 2010 12:12AM
It could be an IOS issue. Use DOP-Mii to install the latest revision of IOS 9; then try Wii Sports again. I would also recommend reinstalling the IOSes used by NSMB and the Mii Channel, but I can't remember which IOSes those use (this is not a big deal right now).
November 08, 2010 03:40AM
I installed the latest revision of IOS 9 (and pretty much every other that looked important) but I still get that error on the Mii Channel, Wii Sports and NSMBWii...
November 09, 2010 02:35AM
I think I know what the problem is.

Do you get the error with other channels such as the Wii Shop, Photo, Forecast, etc or WiiWare/ Virtual Console games??

It COULD be the disk drive, I say that because I took apart my old Wii and it refused to load any channels (got the disk error message) because the disk drive wasn't plugged in.
November 12, 2010 03:03AM
Hmm that actually makes some sense! i'm gonna take a look at that!
November 12, 2010 12:16PM
Good catch NintendoFreak, Thats a realy unusual error message. However fgfemperor dont just go dismanteling you wii yourself. Find somewere localy to you that do console chipping and repairs. They will (or should) have insurance incase they brake your wii while fixing it. However if you take it appart and brake it thats just bad luck. If you pm me you town/city (and county/state) I can find you a respectable local place to get it fixed.
November 13, 2010 01:15AM
htaed
Good catch NintendoFreak, Thats a realy unusual error message. However fgfemperor dont just go dismanteling you wii yourself. Find somewere localy to you that do console chipping and repairs. They will (or should) have insurance incase they brake your wii while fixing it. However if you take it appart and brake it thats just bad luck. If you pm me you town/city (and county/state) I can find you a respectable local place to get it fixed.

If you don't have anything helpful information to the problem then don't, this makes no sense.
November 13, 2010 07:27PM
dirtrider73068
htaed
Good catch NintendoFreak, Thats a realy unusual error message.

However fgfemperor dont just go dismanteling you wii yourself. Find some were localy to you that do console chipping and repairs. They will (or should) have insurance incase they brake your wii while fixing it.
However if you take it appart and brake it thats just bad luck.

If you pm me you town/city (and county/state) I can find you a respectable local place to get it fixed.

If you don't have anything helpful information to the problem then don't, this makes no sense.

Try re reading it, I accept maby i should have put a coupple of like brakes in so it reads better, but it does make sense, however, just for you i will summerise the points i made

1 - That is a stupid/unusual error, why should the other channels care about the disk drive??

2 - fgfemperor dont take apart yor wii yourself to fix it, Get a proffesional with insurance to fix it

3 - I can help find an appropriate profesional, if needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login