Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel Messed UP!

Posted by JohnVecellio 
Homebrew Channel Messed UP!
March 03, 2011 10:05AM
Okay, so I recently got a Wii from my friend. I successfully ran BootMii and everything passed with success. I am currently on Wii firmware 4.1J. After the installation, I loaded up the Homebrew channel. The controls were mirrored and flipped. I did some research and found many cases of people seeing a Homebrew channel that is upside-down however my case is different in the fact that my PAGE isn't upside-down, its just my controller hand is upside-down and flipped. I have tried many things such as reinstalling Homebrew channel. Before my IOS was on IOS61 but after searching, I found that changing your IOS to IOS58 would fix it. I changed this, reinstalled Homebrew Channel and still, no fix. I have tried many different fixes but still, nothing. Any help or suggestions would be HIGHLY appreciated.
Re: Homebrew Channel Messed UP!
March 04, 2011 02:59AM
First of all, this is in the wrong sub forum.

Are you holding the Wii Remote upside down? (Had to ask...)

Are you using a Nintendo Wii Remote, or a generic brand. If you are using a generic brand, it may not work properly in homebrew, and cause problems such as the one you are seeing.
March 08, 2011 05:10AM
Give the wiimote a firm whack with your hand.
March 08, 2011 06:03AM
If you have not gotten it sorted, try to uninstall the HBC via Hackmii installer, uninstall ios58 via dop-mii. Then reinstall ios58 via dop-mii and reinstall the HBC via hackmii via BB v2.
March 08, 2011 10:02AM
To winmaster:
Sorry for posting in the wrong place, wasn't sure where it should go because there are many forums to choose from. I DO hold the Wii remote the right way and I am also using the Wii remote that came with my system.

To teuidj:
Tried this many times XD no luck...

To mauifrog:

I understand what you are saying:

"If you have not gotten it sorted, try to uninstall the HBC via Hackmii installer, uninstall ios58 via dop-mii. Then reinstall ios58 via dop-mii and reinstall the HBC via hackmii via BB v2."

Up to the last part where u say "reinstall the HBC via hackmii via BB v2." I understand how to reinstall via hackmii but not too sure on what BB v2 is. By "BB v2" do you mean Banner Brick? I did some research on Banner Brick and it says it does not work with 4.0.1. Instead, they recommended "Universal-UnbrickDisc" I also looked into this and sources say that this lets you manualy select the bad .wad file and uninstall it. To do this, doest that mean i would have to know the exact file that is corrupt? There are many files on the system, I dont know what file is corrupt or not. Any help?
March 08, 2011 10:11AM
Don't uninstall or otherwise mess around with any software. It's a wiimote problem.

[www.wired.com]
Google for the problem and you'll see the same answer posted all over the internet.
March 08, 2011 02:54PM
BBv2 = bannerbomb v2
Compatible with 4.0-4.2 SM
BB v1 will also work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 02:56PM by mauifrog.
March 08, 2011 03:49PM
mauifrog
If you have not gotten it sorted, try to uninstall the HBC via Hackmii installer, uninstall ios58 via dop-mii. Then reinstall ios58 via dop-mii and reinstall the HBC via hackmii via BB v2.
mauifrog
BBv2 = bannerbomb v2
BB v1 will also work
That's irrelevant. His problem doesn't have anything to do with software. His Wii remote is upside-down, not the HBC. Read the topic before you start suggesting stuff.

EDIT: Added the previous quote as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 07:07PM by bg4545.
March 08, 2011 04:24PM
bg4545
mauifrog
BBv2 = bannerbomb v2
BB v1 will also work
That's irrelevant. His problem doesn't have anything to do with software. His Wii remote is upside-down, not the HBC. Read the topic before you start suggesting stuff.
I read the topic without issue, thanks. And your quote of be is very much relevant, it is in response to the OP last post. I don't recall stating that the op's HBC was upside down, did I make such a statement? I think not.
@OP either reinstall your software, test another wiimote, or perhaps both.
March 08, 2011 07:05PM
mauifrog
bg4545
mauifrog
mauifrog
BBv2 = bannerbomb v2
BB v1 will also work
I read the topic without issue, thanks. And your quote of be is very much relevant, it is in response to the OP last post. I don't recall stating that the op's HBC was upside down, did I make such a statement? I think not.
You told him to reinstall IOS58 and then the HBC. That is only a fix for having an upside-down HBC.
March 08, 2011 07:44PM
bg4545
mauifrog
bg4545
mauifrog
mauifrog
BBv2 = bannerbomb v2
BB v1 will also work
You told him to reinstall IOS58 and then the HBC. That is only a fix for having an upside-down HBC.
Well that is not true, it all fixes instalation issues. But is sounds like a better idea than holding the controller upside down, standing on your head or smacking the wiimote hard until it breaks. Why don't you stop knocking my advice, if you have better simply offer it and we can all profit from it. It is not nessecary to belittle A solution just because you believe it in effective. Reinstalling i
March 08, 2011 09:16PM
Its not a better idea than hitting the Wii remote, as shown in the link above, that WORKS. Also much simpler than uninstalling and reinstalling loads of stuff needlessly when it will do no good.
March 08, 2011 10:01PM
SifJar
Its not a better idea than hitting the Wii remote, as shown in the link above, that WORKS. Also much simpler than uninstalling and reinstalling loads of stuff needlessly when it will do no good.
Exactly.
March 09, 2011 12:38AM
SifJar

I think that mauifrog is correct on this one. I know for sure that it is not a problem with the Wii remote because the remote works fine in all other instances. The only time it doesn't work is when I load up the Homebrew Channel. If it was a problem with the Wii remote itself, it would not work on other parts of the Wii, i.e., System Menu.
March 09, 2011 02:46AM
I've heard of this before but I don't remember what the solution was or if there even was one. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue though (even though you say it works with other parts).
March 09, 2011 05:49AM
You know for sure eh? Have you tried using a different wiimote in HBC?

Just whack the damn thing already.
March 09, 2011 02:27PM
I have tried both of my Wii remotes and even borrowed my friends Wii remote. Still didnt work... 0.o
March 09, 2011 05:34PM
Funny how you didn't mention that before ("I am also using the Wii remote that came with my system").

There's absolutely nothing in IOS that can cause a wiimote to act backward, so reinstalling it will be a waste of time.
March 09, 2011 05:44PM
You my as well give up and learn to use the HBC while standing on your head. Most agree there is nothing you can do or try, sorry I guess your just SOL.

Edit- perhaps you should buy a new wii, that may help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 06:24PM by mauifrog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login