Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

black screen after bootmii

Posted by goraz 
black screen after bootmii
April 09, 2011 12:06AM
Hi I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction

I haven't done any sort of updates to my wii in a few months and the other day I tried to boot up my wii and after the bootmii menu the screen just went black. I haven't been able to get beyond that. Bootmii loads, I can navigate around that menu, but anytime I try to load the wii OS i just get a black screen. I also just get a black screen if I attempt to load the homebrew channel from Bootmii.

SysMenu Version 4.2U

Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Re: black screen after bootmii
April 09, 2011 02:19AM
Just wanted to update that I did try installing cboot2 with no luck. Backed up my sd and wiped it and put cboot2 on it and I just get a black screen - nothing. If I remove the cboot2 files and restore my bootmii sd backup I get my normal bootmii screen but just a black screen after.

Also I forgot to mention my nand backup was destroyed. Any ideas?
April 09, 2011 08:24AM
Try to run bootmini.elf of the Hackmii Installer .zip to Install the Homebrew Channel again. You can do this by going Settings > SD card and loading bootmini.elf in Bootmii
April 09, 2011 03:33PM
I fixed it!

I followed another post over here...

[[i]REMOVED[/i]]

That fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 08:20PM by bg4545.
April 09, 2011 08:22PM
A lot of that stuff you mentioned and cboot2 are not supported here. Glad you got it fixed but you used a lot of stuff that's questionable when you could have used either the HackMii Installer or other methods to fix it.
April 12, 2011 08:32AM
I think as long as cboot2 is compiled by the user it does not violate any rules of this site. If I am wrong, please direct me to the rule that I should read. Obviously cboot2 can not be distributed, but if the user has the required boot2-v2 file and compiles the cboot2 then the use of cboot2 does not violate any wiibrew rules. Cboot2 does not modify the system, does not install patched ios, etc, is not used for piracy. Cboot2 is a simple dol loader that patches the ios in memory before the dol is loaded, just like ABHPROT, only with less patches. So from all the rules I have read, and I have read them all, cboot2 is a very valid fix for a bricked wii. It is only the most useful fixes available for many bricked wiis, excellent app. It just needs to be updated to the current patches, and if it could be used with boot2-v4 would be great. If cboot2 could be updated, dop-mii wiibrew ed. could be possibly be loaded with it without the need for ABHPROT if unavailable. That would be an excellent addition to the wiibrew toolbox for fixing bricks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login