Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Format keeping BootMii & Shop Info

Posted by Vidus 
Format keeping BootMii & Shop Info
June 02, 2011 12:03AM
So after many happy years of tinkering with my Wii I'd like to see if I can give it a fresh start. Naturally I'd like to keep all the important parts as well. Namely the following:

1. Have an official Wii System Format.
2. Keep Shop information so I can download the channels again.
3. Keep or be able to install HBC.
4. Keep or be able to install BootMii on boot2.

Here are my basic specs:
sysCheck v2.1.0b7 by Double_A  ...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 72425527
Boot2 v4
Found 123 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stub.

Current Back Ups:
Save games (SD)
Save games (SaveGame Manager GX)
Miis (SaveGame Manager GX)
nand.bin (BootMii)

I have already read about ohneswarzenegger in this thread: Reverting to Official State. I already have a procedure in mind but any suggestions would help. Also any personal information on formatting, clean up, uninstalls would be helpful too. Thanks.
Re: Format keeping BootMii & Shop Info
June 02, 2011 12:11AM
BootMii/boot2 is untouched by a format. Shop info will be wiped and AFAIK unrecoverable. HBC will be deleted and can easily be reinstalled via any 4.3 compatible exploit or using BootMii/boot2 and "bootmini.elf" from the HackMii Installer download (a version of the HackMii Installer designed to launch via BootMii).Why exactly is it that you want to wipe things? You do realise that a System Format won't affect any IOS or other modifications you have done, and will ONLY result in you losing your Shop Channel purchases? It will NOT correct any problems you have caused by modifying IOS or following dodgy "softmod guides". If you tell us your problems, we may be able to give you a less invasive fix procedure, that will actually fix it, unlike what you are currently planning.
Re: Format keeping BootMii & Shop Info
June 02, 2011 01:06AM
My problem is a nagging mind and my personal habit of archive, wipe and have nice fresh installs. The nagging comes from the fact that two years ago to get SaveGame Manager to work I had to muck about with ios. At that time I had to muck around with WSCU, the shop installer, the Truncha Bug Restorer--to down ground for some reason I don't recall. I do not recall what I did and most likely the tutorials I have used are gone and replaced with better methods. I still have a copy of the programs I have used and all of them come from Wiibrew or the Homebrew Browser except one. It is for such unaccountability on my own part that I want to have a clean sweep.

Also I am intrigued by the utility mentioned in the "Reverting to Official State" topic. I'd like to see how it works but I'd also like to gather what information I can before experimenting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 01:08AM by Vidus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login