Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii SD card files needed

Posted by cesarkap 
BootMii SD card files needed
July 15, 2011 07:58PM
Hey!

So, my Wii got a banner brick, when I turn it on, it says the system files are corrupted. It's obviously a banner brick, as it happened after restarting the Wii when finished installing WAD file.
I have System Menu 4.2 U, with homebrew channel and boot2. It all worked just fine (also no drivechip).
Only problem is... I formatted my SD card with the prepared boot2 files sometime ago T_T
Sure, I found some files (that didn't work), but they're all according to the BootMii ReadMii, that says there should be 3 files inside a bootmii folder: armboot.bin
ppcboot.elf
bootmii.ini
So please, could any of you upload your BootMii folder? My Wii is NTSC, but it shouldn't make a difference since bootmii.ini can be edited to fit certain specs.
Thanks!!

P.S: Sorry for bad english :P
Re: BootMii SD card files needed
July 16, 2011 06:25AM
Try one of these
bootmii_folder-NTSC.zip
bootmii_folder-PAL.rar
They work, so if you have issue it could be your bootmii.

When you boot the wii without dvd or sd or usb in the wii you should see two quick flashes from the blue led drive light. If it only flashes once, you don't have bootmii.

If you have priiloader/preloader you could use that. You load priiloader by holding reset and powering on the wii while holding reset. Then you can load apps to fix from priiloader.

If you don't have bootmii or priiloader you can only fix the banner brick via savemiifrii. To fix via savemiifrii you need a chip. You can use the netflix disc to load data managment, then install a disc exploit. Or you can load smash stack via disc swap pwn or mario kart pwns. Hopefully you have boot2 bootmii or priiloader because the other option will cost you some time and $.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 06:28AM by mauifrog.
July 16, 2011 05:11PM
YAY YOUR FILES WORKED!!

Thanks so much man, I thought my Wii was gone for....
I don't know how to express my gratitude, but you are so AWESOME T_T
And I hope this helps anyone with the same problem too, because so far these are the only files that work(ed) for me.
And again, my thanks for your help!
July 17, 2011 03:51AM
Don't think you have to have a chip for the savemiifrii, you need a gamecude controller and push all 4 of the directional buttons, and it give you a screen if that shows up then it can be fixed with a disc of a more current version of system menu than what you have. This may not be exact or how its done but thats what savemiifrii does.

If you need a chip you can get a infectous? and solder it in and use a programmer and load a NAND back up. This is just from I have read on the forum in past. Not 100% percent sure on it all.
July 17, 2011 05:23AM
dirtrider73068
Don't think you have to have a chip for the savemiifrii, you need a gamecude controller and push all 4 of the directional buttons, and it give you a screen if that shows up then it can be fixed with a disc of a more current version of system menu than what you have. This may not be exact or how its done but thats what savemiifrii does.

If you need a chip you can get a infectous? and solder it in and use a programmer and load a NAND back up. This is just from I have read on the forum in past. Not 100% percent sure on it all.
Yes that is how savemiifrii loads the recovery menu, but updating from disc fixes very few things. Updating usually only fixes region mismatch semi bricks, theme bricks, and some system menu corruptions (but not most). So if there is anything else wrong with the wii you will need to load homebrew apps to fix the problem. Homebrew can only be loaded from the recovery menu via savemiifrii from disc with a chip. The infectus can be used to reprogram the nand, this is for a fully bricked wii when nothing else is possible and is above and beyond what is needed to fix a bannerbrick.

A banner brick is caused by installing a channel onto the wii the has a bad banner (wrong proportions or something) and crashes the system menu when it is loaded. The only way to fix a banner brick is to uninstall the bad channel. The only way to uninstall a bad channel is to format the wii system from data managment or with the pink fish disc, or uninstall the bad channel with a wadmanager or a title manager. These options can only be done with bootmii, priiloader/preloader, or disc from the recovery menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login