Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.2 Preloader Brick Questions

Posted by nastyninja 
4.2 Preloader Brick Questions
October 06, 2011 05:52PM
So I installed preloader onto my 4.2 Wii, not knowing I really needed priiloader. The preloader menu is completely useless, and cannot access the SD card or access system menu, which my research suggests is to be expected. I have Homebrew Channel and I used bannerbomb. I didn't backup anything prior to this.

My questions:

1. Is there anyway to fix this without dishing out some dough? (perhaps the System Menu autostart option in preloader, I was scared to touch this.)
2. Is there a cheaper alternative to the SaveMii if not?
3. Does SaveMii still work?
4. If I do get SaveMii or another method to autoload a CD or USB, what should I do next?. Do I just need to get rid of preloader via AnyTitleDeleter and that's it, or will I need to reinstall the System Menu ? (I have NUS downloader)

Thank you for all your help
Re: 4.2 Preloader Brick Questions
October 20, 2011 05:48PM
Can you load HBC from preloader? If so, you should be able to fix this from there.
October 21, 2011 07:44AM
No. It says "Error autoloading HBC. Maybe not installed" something like that.
October 23, 2011 12:28AM
Preloader has a nifty feature to load a dol. it will copy the dol to the nand, and then it can run it. you can make a dol that will load whatever HBC you have, then have preloader install that dol, and then have preloader boot that dol.

I guess it is a bit of a challenge if you dont know which version of HBC you have installed. But it still can be done relatively easily.

EDIT>
saveme/savemefrii wont work in this case. that only works on the system menu. and since preloader is unable to start you system menu, it obviously wont do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2011 12:31AM by giantpune.
October 23, 2011 07:17AM
It won't recognize the SD card.
October 24, 2011 04:36AM
try with a different SD card or reformatting yours. ive havent heard of preloader not being able to read ANY sd card yet. also, i think you will have better luck with a plain-jane SD card. not a micro SDHC inside an adapter, not a tiny SATA hard drive that is shaped like a SD card, but just a 2GB SD card.
October 24, 2011 05:24PM
I am using an SD adapter with microSD. I will get a regular SD card and post back with my results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login