Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird "Brick" No System Menu/Wii Remotes

Posted by nintendodude 
Weird "Brick" No System Menu/Wii Remotes
November 13, 2011 04:06AM
I've been trying to figure this out for about 3 hours, and got nowhere. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

My sister and her cousin were doing who knows what on the Wii earlier today, and when I tried to use it this evening, the System Menu wouldn't load, and the Wii Remotes would blink once, not connecting. I am able to access Priiloader and the Homebrew Channel, however. I unplugged everything and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and tried it again, and nothing different. I tried resetting the Sync button on the Wii by holding down for 15 seconds, then tried to sync the remotes, but they don't detect the Wii at all.

Luckily, I had a NAND Backup that I could restore, since I had Bootmii as boot2. After restoring the NAND, there was no difference. I still couldn't load the System Menu or connect any remotes. The Recovery Mode says that my System Menu is 4.3(u) which means I can't use a disk with a higher menu, but makes me think that the NAND isn't corrupted if it can read that.Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? Could it be an internal problem, such as a broken Bluetooth module (for the remotes)?

Thanks!
Re: Weird "Brick" No System Menu/Wii Remotes
November 13, 2011 05:37AM
you can't sync wiimotes while homebrew is running. you need to boot a game or the system menu or something for that to work.

sounds like they might have turned on the "force blackscreen" or some similar priibricker hack. go and turn them all off and see if your wii works.
since you can get to HBC, you can boot geckoOS / tinyload. then use that to boot a game. then sync your wiimote. then turn off the wii. then try to turn it on with the power button on the wiimote. if you can do all that, then your bluetooth thingymajig is fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 05:41AM by giantpune.
November 13, 2011 02:02PM
Can't be the blackscreen hack, if it was, it would have been removed by NAND restore.

But if recovery mode is showing the version number, I don't think its bluetooth module either - I think there is usually no video output when bluetooth module is broken.

Try what giantpune suggested and load a game with some disc loader via HBC and try to sync a remote in there. And disable all hacks in Priiloader, and make sure the System Menu IOS is set to what it should be (IOS80 for 4.3).

EDIT: And check the other settings in Priiloader look normal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 02:02PM by SifJar.
November 14, 2011 03:17AM
It is probably a bad bt module. If the bt module is bad
-the system menu will not load
-wiimote will not power on wii (must be synced)
-priiloader will load
-savemiifrii will load
-games will not load

You can try to load the HBC, then launch a game. If the game loads you should be able to sync your wiimotes at the strap screen. If the bt module is bad the game should fail to load with a black screen.

Of possibly you have a black screen hack as giantpune said. But not likely since it persists after nand restore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 03:18AM by mauifrog.
November 14, 2011 04:30AM
giantpune
you can't sync wiimotes while homebrew is running. you need to boot a game or the system menu or something for that to work.

Right, but you can use remotes to navigate through Priiloader, and I couldn't even do that. I had to use a Gamecube controller.

giantpune
sounds like they might have turned on the "force blackscreen" or some similar priibricker hack. go and turn them all off and see if your wii works.

No change, even with no hacks enabled.

giantpune
since you can get to HBC, you can boot geckoOS / tinyload. then use that to boot a game. then sync your wiimote. then turn off the wii. then try to turn it on with the power button on the wiimote. if you can do all that, then your bluetooth thingymajig is fine.

I'll try that as soon as I get a chance, however it didn't seem like much homebrew was willing to run, and that which was crashed within a few seconds.

My sister said she saw my cousin accidently tip over the wii, then catch it before it hit the ground. Could this have knocked the bluetooth module out of place?
November 14, 2011 06:37PM
Yeah that could have damaged it.

And your first response to giantpune is completely irrelevant to what he posted.
November 20, 2011 02:46AM
SifJar
Yeah that could have damaged it.

All right, my screwdriver should be here in the next couple days, I'll see what the damage is.

SifJar
And your first response to giantpune is completely irrelevant to what he posted.

He suggested I turn off any priiloader hacks, which I tried, and it didn't work.
November 22, 2011 06:31PM
nintendodude
SifJar

He suggested I turn off any priiloader hacks, which I tried, and it didn't work.

That was your second response. This was your first:

nintendodude
giantpune

Right, but you can use remotes to navigate through Priiloader, and I couldn't even do that. I had to use a Gamecube controller.

He said you can't sync remotes in homebrew. You then seemed to "contradict" him by saying you couldn't use remotes in Priiloader - which is homebrew.
November 25, 2011 01:58AM
Oh jeez, didn't even notice that. I meant to say before I reset the synced remotes by holding down the sync button on the Wii, I still couldn't use the remotes. It was weird, they would blink very quickly once, then nothing at all. That makes me think they were looking for a broken/disconnected bluetooth module, and then couldn't find it at all when trying to resync.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login