Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner (poss full) brick: No Savemii

Posted by Psikomonkie 
Banner (poss full) brick: No Savemii
December 11, 2011 09:00PM
I have not used the Wii for months. Turned it on recently to find a brick.

Brick: Banner- health warning screen-> press A -> black screen/freeze (instead of wii menu)
Version: Unknown. Assumed that it updated itself at some point and therefore caused the brick (any way to find this out aside from SaveMii?)
Homebrew has been installed for a long time. Only hacks related to starting and running homebrew were installed
No physical mods to the wii, so no drivechip
Unable to boot anything
Assumed there is a preloader/bootmii since homebrew is installed (is this an incorrect assumption?)

I have tried savemiifrii MANY times and it does not work (lucky me!)

While I would like to try and salvage what I have on there, i'm so frustrated that i'm willing to wipe the system and start over as a last resort. I apologize for the lack of definitive information. Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!
Re: Banner (poss full) brick: No Savemii
December 11, 2011 10:26PM
The Wii can't update itself no matter what so that's not the issue here. (Unless, of course, somebody else updated it without telling you but even then it shouldn't cause a brick.)
You can try booting into Maintenance Mode; at the Health Warning screen hold both (+) and (-) and press A.
December 11, 2011 11:47PM
Wii does boot into Mait mode. Thanks for the tip.

Version is 4.3U.

I've searched all over my data/channels and thru my SD cards and can't find what might be causing an issue. I cant find any evidence of HBC or any other underlying boot program, even with the SD card that I usually use for HBC games inserted. Perhaps my brick is being caused by something other than my HBC?
December 13, 2011 02:25AM
You probably have a mailbrick or some similar issue. Doing a format from the wii system settings should fix your issue. Just a suggestion, but if I where you I would install priiloader first. That is just me. I would load maintenance mode, install priiloader from HBC (assuming your still have it). Also if you don't have a nand backup you should make one first (just in case). Also if you love your savegames you should back those up first.

You can also try to fix it with the mailbox brick fix, or mail brick fix. Something like that, you load fstoolbox and replace the files in wc24 with non corrupt ones. That usually works, but the system format is the simpler and safer solution, just you loss all your saves, miis, hbc, etc. (you would not loss priiloader)
December 15, 2011 09:16PM
At some point during nintendo official updates, we lost hbc and therefore all of our priiloaders. While I was unable to do a backup of anything and am totally bummed regarding what we lost (considering we've had this since the day the Wii came out), I was able to format and I at least dont have a brick anymore. Thanks for all of the assistance. I'm now working on priiloaders/hbc/backup files to hopefully prevent this from happening again, or at least make it possible to rescue our future saves.
December 16, 2011 04:38AM
Psikomonkie
At some point during nintendo official updates, we lost hbc and therefore all of our priiloaders. While I was unable to do a backup of anything and am totally bummed regarding what we lost (considering we've had this since the day the Wii came out), I was able to format and I at least dont have a brick anymore. Thanks for all of the assistance. I'm now working on priiloaders/hbc/backup files to hopefully prevent this from happening again, or at least make it possible to rescue our future saves.
Yeah I know what that's like, at one point I had a problem which required me to delete my Wii Shop account and along with that goes all the VC/WiiWare I had. It's a lesson learned.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login