Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii will not load HBC or Home Menu

Posted by azumaril 
Bootmii will not load HBC or Home Menu
January 14, 2012 05:21AM
I've read around these and many other forums already, and I cannot figure out what to do.

I had done nothing of significant value before turning my Wii off prior to this brick. I didn't install a wad or anything that may have bricked it, either.

When I turn my Wii on, I can access the BootMii menu. From there, if I select either the Home Menu or the Homebrew channel I am greeted with a black screen. I can't find any of my NAND backups (and probably never will), so restoring my NAND is out of the question.

In the BootMii info page, I have the following statistics:

BootMii v1.3
Stub     v1.2
Mini      v0.4

Console ID: xxxxxxxx
SysMenu:   4.1U boot1a boot2v2
NAND FS Usage: 77.8%

I don't care if I lose my data, but is there anything I can do to get my Wii operational again? Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 05:22AM by azumaril.
Re: Bootmii will not load HBC or Home Menu
January 14, 2012 10:38AM
What happens when you boot without an SD card in? Just a black screen? You could try making a new NAND backup and then using Ohneschwanzenegger on it. Get that here: [forum.wiibrew.org]
January 14, 2012 11:58AM
bg4545
What happens when you boot without an SD card in? Just a black screen? You could try making a new NAND backup and then using Ohneschwanzenegger on it. Get that here: [forum.wiibrew.org]

That is correct, booting without the SD card also gives me a black screen. It usually gives me the "System files are corrupted" but in this case it won't even get to that.

I do hope it's just that my NAND is bad and not something worse? I can power on my Wii via a remote so it's safe to say my Bluetooth module is still in working order.

I'll back up my current NAND and try Ohneschwanzenegger and see if I have any luck. Thanks for you suggestions, bg4545.

EDIT: I downloaded and ran Ohneschwanzenegger on my NAND backup, and downloaded a new version of 4.1U and checked all of my settings. I verified the NAND backup with nandBinCheck and no errors were reported. I then wrote the new NAND to my Wii and it worked! Freshly wiped everything, started over anew. Now to reinstall the HBC and such.

Out of curiosity I also checked my old NAND, and BinCheck immediately reported this:

item not found "/shared1/content.map"
"No content map found in the nand"

What does this mean and what could have caused it?

Finally, I'd like to thank you tenfold for your suggestion. It saved my Wii and made my life a lot easier. YOU'RE THE BEST, bg4545!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 01:59PM by azumaril.
January 14, 2012 07:25PM
That file must have been either deleted or corrupted. No idea how that could happen, I don't think it should be touched by any apps that I know of. Perhaps you used some app with poorly coded NAND accessing features, which caused some corruption? Just a guess.

Anyway, glad you got your Wii fixed, and hopefully now you'll make sure you keep track of your NAND backups ;)
January 15, 2012 01:22AM
SifJar
Perhaps you used some app with poorly coded NAND accessing features, which caused some corruption? Just a guess.

Anyway, glad you got your Wii fixed, and hopefully now you'll make sure you keep track of your NAND backups ;)

If it makes any difference I think the very last thing I used was an NES emulator...

Anyways, I've learned my lesson and will be keeping track of my backups from now on. I'm just glad that it wasn't as bad as I thought.

-azu
January 16, 2012 03:08PM
A NES emulator shouldn't cause that...ah well, it's fixed now, guess it's not too important how it happened.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login