Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii bricked after clicking on Launch BootMii

Posted by Azulkrema81 
Wii bricked after clicking on Launch BootMii
January 25, 2012 10:44PM
Hello This is my first post on this forum. I tried to look for another post but couldn't find one a like.

Well anyway my wii is on 4.3u and i had successfully installed HBC (not sure if it had any thing to do with me not turning it off after) i saved the files the guy told me to(nand) but i installed BootMii as ios because their was no boot2 option. Then went to wii start up (did not shut down) formatted sd card downloaded Hack pack from second part of his vid then went back to HBC clicked on Launch BootMii nothing happened after 10 mins (panicked then shut down manually) now wii wont turn on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 12:43AM by bg4545.
Re: Wii bricked after clicking on Launch BootMii
January 26, 2012 12:45AM
Not sure what the "Hack pack" is but BootMii cannot brick your Wii like that. Unless you installed something stupid, your Wii shouldn't be bricked. Maybe it's not plugged in right?
January 26, 2012 01:05AM
Hack pack = wads and and I was supposed to install Priiloader from it. I didn't get to install anything. All I did was click on HBC then LAunch IbootMIi then black screen know won't turn on.

I was reading this will it work for me? [www.wiihacks.com]
January 26, 2012 01:30AM
That "Hack pack" is illegal and we can't help you there.
Try unplugging your Wii's power cord and turning it on after that. There's really no way clicking "Launch BootMii" would even do anything to your Wii.
That would probably work but I don't even understand how you Wii could have been bricked.
January 26, 2012 02:14AM
Right now i dont care about the hack pack i just want my wii to work again. I tried formatting my nand but no luck BootMii didnt come up
January 26, 2012 02:33AM
wonder if the "hack pack" had a copy of comex's nand formatter in it.
January 26, 2012 02:47AM
Well i don't believe it did. I tried Bad_Ad84's post about Using NAND Formatter to completely Re-install your Wii. No luck I have no idea what i am doing :(
January 26, 2012 07:28AM
Wait a minute, how did you format your NAND if BootMii didn't come up?
January 26, 2012 07:39AM
I didn't, the first sentence was a response to giantpune . Do you think SaveMii will work for me?
January 26, 2012 08:50AM
You said:

I tried formatting my nand but no luck BootMii didnt come up
What did you do?
Also, since you couldn't install BootMii as boot2 there's no reason for it to come up when you turn on your Wii so if you were expecting that then it's not going to happen. If your Wii won't turn on as you say then I'm not sure anything will fix it. You can try the "SaveMiiFrii" method which is to plug in a Gamecube controller to the 4th port of your Wii and hold down all the D-pad directions at the same time while powering on the Wii. You need to take the controller apart for this so a 3rd party controller is recommended.
January 26, 2012 09:11AM
Forget I said that (it didn't work and won't). So all I need to try now is this savemiifrii, but don't I need a certain kind of game I only have sports. I will tell you how it goes tomorrow since it's 3 am here. (wish their would of been some sort of files and just stick them into a USB thumb drive to force it to start-up/update)
January 26, 2012 06:26PM
Nothing comes up can you tell me what you believe got corrupted, like is it the MoBo or anything like that? because i think it would be easier to just replace that certain part that is messed up, I don't care if i loose all my info on the Wii i just bought it a couple of days ago (from a pawn shop bastards only gave me 24hrs of warranty).
January 26, 2012 06:50PM
Some how you have completely destroyed your Wii. I honestly think it would be much simpler to just get a new one rather than trying to fix that one.

Although there is one thing: It could possibly be a broken/dislodged bluetooth module. If you can't turn on the Wii with the remote (i.e. instead of pushing power button on console itself), this could be the issue. If you can turn on the console with the remote, this is not the issue.

If it looks like this is a possibility, you can open up the Wii and wiggle the bluetooth module in case it just became dislodged. If that doesn't work, you could get a new one and replace it.

Note that if this IS the issue, it has nothing to do with BootMii, and was just a coincidental hardware failure.
January 26, 2012 06:58PM
OK well i guess i'll be getting out of your way then thank you to all that tried to help.
Wii does turn on when I hit the power button remote.
I will try again when their is a new update out.
Peace, and thanks again.
January 27, 2012 11:59AM
in his first post, he said he clicked the bootmii option in the HBC. if his hackpack had a copy of comex's nand formatter in it, this this is what would load when he tried to start bootmii. and the first thing the nand formatter does when it runs is delete everything. it doesnt ask questions. it just deletes everything. and then it starts trying to install wads. if there are no wads, well, then the wii is toast without bootmii @ boot2.
January 27, 2012 06:05PM
What was shown in the video was using cBoot2 to load MMM and then installing a bunch of crap; nothing should have been deleted if he couldn't get to that part. Unless there's something we're not being told then I really don't see how the Wii bricked.
January 27, 2012 07:46PM
giantpune I installed through letterbomb and if i could get permission to post the links of the videos i could show you until what part i got to. It was a 3 part video first part went well, then I did everything he told me to do until 4:10 of the second part .
February 02, 2012 12:50PM
hi can i ask why u did,nt download the letterbomb hack from here wiibrew.org

hackpack have any old crap in what can brick your wii
February 02, 2012 08:24PM
i download it from please.hackmii website. i didnt download it form here because i didnt even know this website existed until after my wii got bricked. but now i have ps3 :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 08:27PM by Azulkrema81.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login