Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Brick Please Help!!!

Posted by basicaneer 
Wii Brick Please Help!!!
March 18, 2012 07:54PM
About a week ago I was just playing with my wii then I thought off installing a custom theme, so i installed dark wii 4.3 and then it worked so then i installed a theme via MyMenufy and found that a theme was invalid so I accidentally installed an .arc file then it shut off. Now when I turn it on, i get the "black screen of DEATH!!!".
What is the problem with my wii? (btw: Theres no preloader/bootmii as boot2/ and no health screen.Also my controllers are not working.)
Please help!!! -Basicaneer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 07:56PM by basicaneer.
Re: Wii Brick Please Help!!!
March 18, 2012 08:56PM
You probably killed it, try savemiifrii.
March 18, 2012 09:39PM
is there a way to do it by not using the triwing screwdriver? because i dont really have money right now. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 09:41PM by basicaneer.
March 18, 2012 09:43PM
is it possible that i have a broken bt module in this situation?
March 19, 2012 01:22AM
basicaneer
is it possible that i have a broken bt module in this situation?
Anything is possible, but doubtful considering it black screened while modding the wii. If the bt module was bad, savemiifrii would also load, the wiimote would not power on the wii, I doubt it is your bt module. You should be able to get the triwing screws out with a small flat head jewelers tool.

You could drill a hole in the middle of the dpad, carefully, that should take pressure off of the pin underneath.
March 20, 2012 05:35AM
size of drill to be exact?;
will savemiifrii work on 4.0u to 4.3u versions?(I dont know if im on 4.2 or 4.3 since I downgraded 3.2 then back up to 4.2 and I dont know what I did next);
and where do i get this so called small flat head jewelers tool, like what is it/look like?
March 21, 2012 12:23AM
I have no idea, probably 1/16-1/8, just a thin hole in the midle of the d-pad, not through the controller. Small screw drivers are usually 1-4 dollars at walgreens, a very small flathead screw driver. Or just try it as is by pushing really hard on all four directions on the dpad at the sametime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login