Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How can I format nand on fully brick wii?

Posted by gugu 
How can I format nand on fully brick wii?
March 31, 2013 08:09PM
Hello.Can anyone help me.You see my wii is bricked.I think that formatting the nand chip or replacing it will fix it.Will it work or I have to replace it or replace the motherboard.By the way my wii has gamecube ports telling you guys how old it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 08:10PM by gugu.
Re: How can I format nand on fully brick wii?
March 31, 2013 08:14PM
How is it bricked? What happens when you turn it on?
March 31, 2013 08:17PM
Bricked by downgrading to 4.1u.When I turn it the black screen shows up.I think that the nand is corrupt.I didn't do a nand backup but I just want my wii fixed

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 08:22PM by gugu.
March 31, 2013 08:55PM
If you do not have the nand keys, I do not think you can flash anything to the nand chip to fix it.
April 01, 2013 01:09AM
metroid_maniac
If you do not have the nand keys, I do not think you can flash anything to the nand chip to fix it.
It depends if the Wii is old enough to allow BootMii/boot2 installation. If it is, this can be done using a hardware NAND flasher, then it can be used to extract the keys, which can then be used to create a clean NAND to flash. If it's too new for that, nothing can be done.

To the OP: Having GC ports is not a sufficient signal of the age to determine is BootMii/boot2 can be installed or not.
April 01, 2013 02:51AM
SifJar
metroid_maniac
It depends if the Wii is old enough to allow BootMii/boot2 installation. If it is, this can be done using a hardware NAND flasher, then it can be used to extract the keys, which can then be used to create a clean NAND to flash. If it's too new for that, nothing can be done.

To the OP: Having GC ports is not a sufficient signal of the age to determine is BootMii/boot2 can be installed or not.

How would he check his Boot1 version?
April 01, 2013 07:12AM
metroid_maniac
How would he check his Boot1 version?
By dumping the NAND (using the hardware flasher) and looking at the beginning.
April 01, 2013 06:23PM
What are flash keys?Do I need a device? I got the wii in 2008. Can I install boot2 on it?By the way how do you install boot2 on a bricked wii (black screen).The wii did not have boot2 installed.Could savemiifrii work

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 06:35PM by gugu.
April 01, 2013 07:43PM
Savemiifrii will not work if it simply blackscreens on boot.
The Wii's hardware keys are encryption keys required to create a working firmware for your wii. They are console-specific, so they must be obtained from Bootmii.
If it is a software error, you will need a hardware NAND flasher to check your Boot1 version (to see if the Wii is old enough to install Bootmii) and actually install Bootmii. That'll require tampering with the hardware which may be difficult.
It may also be a hardware error. Can you turn the Wii on with the Wii remote?
April 01, 2013 09:43PM
Yes.It is also old enough for boot2 but it is not installed.What is a nand flasher?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 09:44PM by gugu.
April 01, 2013 10:21PM
A NAND flasher is a hardware tool that is able to manually read and write to the NAND chip inside the Wii.
April 01, 2013 11:03PM
There are various hardware NAND flashers available. One that was popular was the Infectus, but I don't think it's officially available for sale any more. You might still be able to find one, otherwise there are other options. I think the Progskeet can be used, for example. It costs €40-45 (about $50-60 I think). It may be harder to find information regarding the use of the Progskeet with the Wii though compared to the Infectus, which has a few guides etc. around the internet.

Note that most of these devices will require soldering onto the NAND chip in your Wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 11:05PM by SifJar.
April 02, 2013 12:06AM
Where do they sell good nand flashers
April 02, 2013 02:59AM
Get rid of yo wii retard
April 02, 2013 05:07AM
OP: You are going to have to pay someone to fix this for you, and even then there's a good chance it won't be fixable at all. There is no more help that this forum can give you.
April 02, 2013 06:09AM
Also, don't create multiple accounts to talk to yourself. Consider this your one and only warning.

*Topic Closed*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 06:11AM by bg4545.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.