Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

just bought bricked wii..want to restore to original

Posted by anubis0zero 
just bought bricked wii..want to restore to original
June 08, 2013 09:13PM
So i just bought a bricked wii on ebay and im trying to restore it to not have any mods on it. Heres what i have been told about this wii.

It had firmware 3.4u when bricked

Hbc is installed

cios 249 (he thinks) was overwritten trying to install a wad

his description; I came home drunk and tried to install something but a different version of wad manager was on there & I didn't notice that it said overwrite cios. The rest is history.

Black screen only when turned on

I bought this thinking i could learn a little about the wii and fix it. Everything i have researched thus far seems to be aimed at getting everything back to its hacked or modded version. What i want however is a un hacked normal wii with all the newest firmware and updates.. is there a way anyone can guide me to achieve this... I was told i could put a game with the new firmware on it in and it would overwrite and fix the menu.. Is this true? Can it really be that easy.. will there be other steps to removing this hombrew stuff? I just want a wii for the kids..ill buy the games and don't need the added features.

thanks in advance
Re: just bought bricked wii..want to restore to original
June 09, 2013 03:53AM
With the information you provided it's hard to tell what the problem is. Simply overwriting cIOS would never cause a brick. I suggest you try these two things:
- See if the Wii has Priiloader installed by holding the Reset button when powering it on.
- See if you can access the rescue menu. To do this you need a Gamecube controller (preferably 3rd party) to take apart. You must press all for D-Pad directions at once when powering on the Wii. If successful it should load a black screen with the System Menu version in the corner. This would be where you insert a game to update the Wii.
June 09, 2013 12:07PM
bg4545
You must press all for D-Pad directions at once when powering on the Wii.

It may be difficult to do this; the controller may need to be disassembled in order to press all D-Pad directions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 12:07PM by metroid_maniac.
June 12, 2013 02:30AM
So it seems priiloader isn't installed on this one. So it looks like I need to modify a controller... I'm going to need a special screwdriver first.. So after I get that I'll see what I can do... Thanks a bunch for the help guys..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login