WIFI not working
January 18, 2014 06:15AM
Hey all,

Recently, I've been playing around with Homebrew related things. Which has all worked fine.
However, at some point in the last week my Wii started refusing to find ANY wireless access points.

It's not my router, as my WiiU and 3DS are both able to find my own access point among many others.

I don;t have a lot of knowledge behind how all this works. I understand the Wii OS, IOS and all that. But the hardware stuff...not so well.

Is there some sort of homebrew which tests the integrity of the Wiis internals? Or am i better off loading up Wii-Linux and testing with that?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place.

Update: With Linux-Wii, i can get the WiFi chip to communicate with my router (With WEP) currently having DHCP issues but will try to fix them.

Although, it seems odd to me that Debian has no issues finding and communicating with my router, yet the Wii System Menu can't find it at all....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 05:11PM by diesal11.
Re: WIFI not working
March 16, 2014 06:59AM
Are you able to get into System Settings? If not, you've got a semi-brick on your hands. I'll ask some questions if it is indeed a semi-brick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login