Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew installation help

Posted by sandyr 
Re: Homebrew installation help
February 18, 2009 10:04PM
You have the homebrew channel installed, so you should never need to use the twilight hack again (unless you accidently delete the homebrew channel of course).

To get stuff to appear in the homebrew channel, you have to make a folder called apps in the root of your SD card. After that, put homebrew applications in the apps folder.

All applications supported by WiiBrew: [wiibrew.org]

PS: I made the games Wii Shooting Gallery and WiiBreaker. They're really easy to install (just extract them to your SD cards' apps folder). Doing so will give you a good idea of how to set up apps on your SD card and use them in the homebrew channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 10:04PM by Arikado.
February 18, 2009 10:30PM
thanks arikado. will check it out. If I need to uninstall the game after install, do I use the uninstaller or just delete the game?

Is there any game like Mario KArt in this. My 7 yr old son is a racing fanatic. I chose to do this to fill up the time gap till I order him a Mario Kart.

Do I remove the folders I downloaded [twighlight and homebrewC] into the sd card or do I let it stay?
February 18, 2009 10:50PM
sandyr
thanks arikado. will check it out. If I need to uninstall the game after install, do I use the uninstaller or just delete the game?

Is there any game like Mario KArt in this. My 7 yr old son is a racing fanatic. I chose to do this to fill up the time gap till I order him a Mario Kart.

Do I remove the folders I downloaded [twighlight and homebrewC] into the sd card or do I let it stay?

1. It doesn't install the game, it runs it off of the SD card. so to run any apps (or games) the SD card HAS to be in the Wii.

2. Not that I know of. Arikado? (or you can use an emulator and emulate any old system game that you own - like Mario kart for the SNES perhaps)

3.yes, you can delete everything on your card now.

to clarify what you were asking about it deleting... The twilight hack isn't installed at all. It just crashes the game to start the installer of the Homebrew channel. On the 3.4 system, Nintendo added some code in the update that deletes that hacked game save after the Wii is turned off and back on.
February 18, 2009 11:04PM
cool guys. thanks a lot for ur support and advice. wouldn't have done this without your instructions.
February 19, 2009 11:30AM
I have just installed the homebrew channel on a european 3.4e machine and the channel does not get erased when I turn the machine off.

the reason you are getting a blue bubble screen is because you don't have any applications in the apps folder on the sd card, I am still reading through the forums on how to install apps. I tried it with the snes emulator and got an error message so i guess i did something wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 11:32AM by owenjay69.
February 19, 2009 02:13PM
@ownjay69
The hack gets erased not the channel. You installed the snes emu right, its just very broken right now. Everyone is getting errors with it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login