Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC installed, but apps won't appear!

Posted by nabeshin216 
HBC installed, but apps won't appear!
February 22, 2009 02:32AM
HBC was installed on my Japanese Wii with no problems. I've put apps on my SD card properly (named boot.dol and so on) but nothing happens when I load the HBC. I only see the bubbles. Any suggestions? Just to clarify, Homebrew Channel works fine and my Wii is version 3.4J if that makes any difference. Thanks for the help!
Re: HBC installed, but apps won't appear!
February 22, 2009 02:52AM
In order to make an application appear in the Homebrew Channel, you must do the following:
1. Make a folder on the root of your SD card called "apps".
Note: This is case-sensitive; Make sure it is not "APPS".
2. In the folder "apps," create a folder for the application (for example, "/apps/Homebrew Browser/").
3. Copy the files for the application into its folder (e.g. /apps/Homebrew Browser/).
4. Find the executable file (either .elf or .dol) and rename it to boot.dol (or boot.elf if it was an .elf file) if it is not already named that (for example /apps/Homebrew Browser/boot.dol). If the app comes with an icon.png and meta.xml, copy the them both into the the same folder as the app's boot.dol.
February 22, 2009 05:35AM
I have done all of that, but nothing comes up. I even tried again with Wii Brew SD Installer but still nothing comes up. Any ideas? Is it because my system is 3.4J?
February 22, 2009 05:43AM
Are you sure you have it correctly?
On your computer it should appear as, SD:\apps\Homebrew Browser\boot.dol
or maybe you could try a different SD card
February 22, 2009 09:02AM
Well, it seems to be working now. I'm not too sure what was wrong before. All I did was delete everything on the SD card and reinstall it. Anyway, thanks for the help!
February 22, 2009 09:12AM
No problem. If you've got any other questions or anything, feel free to ask.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login