Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Silly questions (yes 2 of them)

Posted by dan3008 
Silly questions (yes 2 of them)
March 17, 2009 09:22AM
This is probably i silly question but is there a program that allows you to make applications for the home brew channel or is it just a case of codeing it youself useing any coding program. and can someone link me to a leagal free one? found this still need lower question awnsering (probably needs moving to codeing forum now though)

Another silly question. Does any one have the code for the wii disk drive? I want to make my first app and i want it to be usefull, one that can play saved disk games off the sd. I know this may not be possable but i would like to try (it is the one application i realy realy want).

sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasnt sure where to put it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 09:35AM by dan3008.
Re: Silly questions (yes 2 of them)
March 17, 2009 11:33AM
The disk drive code is in libdvd which (I think is now) part of the devkitpro sdk.
March 17, 2009 01:02PM
ok, devshoppro doesnt work on my PC, are there any other application development programs i could try?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 01:59PM by dan3008.
March 17, 2009 04:24PM
You can use devkitPRO or you can write your own SDK. If devkitPRO doesnt work, thats either because 1) You didnt install it correctly or 2)You're not doing what you're trying to do correctly.

To that extent, what have you tried to do with devkitPRO?
March 18, 2009 12:20AM
Are you trying to make an app that loads save files from the SD or one that runs actual Wii games from the SD? 'Cause that would be a backup loader...
March 18, 2009 09:19AM
ok, at the mo i am trying to get to grips with devkitpro. however having installed it, following the instructions. It keeps comeing up with an error saying
error
Invalid request
when i try and load it.

bg4545
Are you trying to make an app that loads save files from the SD or one that runs actual Wii games from the SD? 'Cause that would be a backup loader...

I am trying to make an app that loads save files from the SD. I think that if i can get the code for the disk channel and find the location of the SD in thwe wii then i can redirect the save system from system memory to the SD. any one got any views on if this will work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 12:27PM by dan3008.
March 18, 2009 11:36AM
Do you mean when you try to run the devkitPRO installer?

BTW, you know C or C++ right?
March 18, 2009 12:12PM
Arikado

No, i meen when i try and load it (even as an administrator)
Arikado
and i know a resonable amount of C++ and my dad used to be a C programmer so i can get all the help i need. I once made a game in C++ but i was useing an old utility, and i lost that when my pc died.
March 18, 2009 12:28PM
anyway, since that isnt working for me anyone know where i can get the code for the disk channel, then i can do the rest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login