Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi I'm new (and I got a question)

Posted by mizushinzui 
Hi I'm new (and I got a question)
March 17, 2009 02:37PM
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I have been using homebrew for a while, I was wondering something.

The guy's wii in this video:

[vettacossx.wordpress.com]

Seems to have homebrew applications on his system menu, I was wondering how to do this. because it would save alot of time spent deleting apps everytime I want to do someting new.

Thanks for you help, in advance. :D
Re: Hi I'm new (and I got a question)
March 17, 2009 04:22PM
I cant watch the video ATM, but if you mean he has apps as channels on his Wii, its not legally possible to do that at the moment.
March 17, 2009 10:36PM
Oh, if it's not legal then I am not messing bout with it.
thanks for the help anyway, I'll keep a look out for it, but can someone PM me if a legal way becomes possible :D
March 17, 2009 10:47PM
Actually, I mispoke. Its only illegal to distribute what you make or to download what other people have made.
March 17, 2009 11:47PM
haha, I was about to remind you Arikado...

yes, it IS legal to create! You need to use WADder 2.0 (the legal version) and it will create channels out of .dols...
But, I soft bricked my wii with it because I didn't use jpegs for the banners, luckily I had preloader installed, so I deleted the bad channel so i had no problems...

So it isn't hard to do, but I would DEFINITELY suggest installing preloader first.

[wadder.net]
March 17, 2009 11:51PM
Just a reminder: An alternative to using preloader is to use savemiifrii after you are bricked. Just make sure you have a disc with firmware higher than yours on hand. But then again, you wont have to worry about preloader or savemiifrii if you just use the correct image sizes for your banners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 11:51PM by Arikado.
March 18, 2009 10:13AM
Which is the correct image size?
I will install either preloader or savemiifrii first anyway (as a precaution)
But thanks for the help :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 10:16AM by mizushinzui.
March 19, 2009 09:22PM
Arikado
Just a reminder: An alternative to using preloader is to use savemiifrii after you are bricked. Just make sure you have a disc with firmware higher than yours on hand. But then again, you wont have to worry about preloader or savemiifrii if you just use the correct image sizes for your banners.

nope, Image sizes do not matter for WADder... it automatically changes the size for you, but certain image types are not supported yet. SO, convert to jpeg first and you will be fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login