Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD cards full

Posted by afnuke 
SD cards full
March 21, 2009 06:23PM
I have had no problems with any HB sofware, very satisfied....even though some of its a little hard to understand....and Im not the typical user. I have a SD card that boots.....and its full. Now what? I have a 2 gig ...do I need a 4 and copy all files to it, or is there a way to use my other cards (which are 2 gb). Ive heard 4gb cards dont work, and some say they do? Thanks for sharing any info, and keep up the good work
Re: SD cards full
March 21, 2009 06:49PM
You're ovesthinking the problem. Just get another card.

Or instead, go through you're SD and get rid of any files you dont need.
March 21, 2009 07:00PM
I have another sd card....... I dont need anything on it before I use it? Im just being careful....everythings been going to well to mess it up now. I thought it was required to boot with. If not, the channel needs it to boot with....or does it just use the SD card to load the apps and if I use a empy card, either nothing will show up under HB or ......?? Im not use to using something without a hard drive....does the wii have internal memory or is like a bios??/ Thanks alot ..!!
March 21, 2009 07:02PM
Again, you're over thinking this. To use an SD card with the HBC it just has to be inserted into the Wii when you load the HBC. Having apps on your SD card when you do so is obviously reccomended (but of course not necessary).
Anonymous User
March 21, 2009 07:04PM
afnuke
I have another sd card....... I dont need anything on it before I use it? Im just being careful....everythings been going to well to mess it up now. I thought it was required to boot with. If not, the channel needs it to boot with....or does it just use the SD card to load the apps and if I use a empy card, either nothing will show up under HB or ......?? Im not use to using something without a hard drive....does the wii have internal memory or is like a bios??/ Thanks alot ..!!

It just reads the sd card to load the apps. If you put an empty card it wont show anything.
March 21, 2009 07:46PM
Thanks alot ... this post was very helpful. Keep up all the good work, and thanks for the forum. Everything is fine....now I have 2 more gigs of space ...great!
March 21, 2009 09:49PM
"2 more gigs"? so you are just using 2 cards or did you her a SDHC 4 gig?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login